• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best .243 barrel

rtr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2008
Colorado
Going to need a new barrel, shooting .243 with 115 DTACs, current load is going ~2975. I want the best accuracy I can get, so what brand and twist barrel have folks had success with?

Re: Best .243 barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to need a new barrel, shooting .243 with 115 DTACs, current load is going ~2975. I want the best accuracy I can get, so what brand and twist barrel have folks had success with?</div></div>

Blonde or Brunette?
Ford or Chevy?
Chocolate or Vanilla?

Seriously?! Just pick a premium barrel maker that offers a 7.75 or 7.5 twist and go with it.

If you'll be shooting 800 yds plus, go with the 7.5 twist for additional stability. If it's for 800 in, the 7.75 would be better for the additional velocity it should give you.

Broughton or krieger 7.5 twist. Either order.

Rich