• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best .308 scopes around $2000?

BadInternetGuy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2022
Kentucky
Hey all, waiting on the parts for my first custom rifle and now have to decide on an optic.

Been looking mainly at either the Leupold Mk5 HD or the Steiner Mx5i since a buddy said he would sell me one for $1800.

Either of these noticeably better than the other? Or is there some other scope I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

Vortex Gen III 1-10 from Eurooptic $1,999 tough. Reliable. Good warranty. Good people.

I'm still a fan of the Gen 2 Razor, my .308 is an Armalite and it has a 3-18 on it. My bolt gun is a '06 in a AI pre 2014 chassis, it has a 4-27 Razor. My income level has me tapping out at Gen 2s, I guess I'm one of the poors....

Reactions: bohica17
Best is subjective.
There are numerous, high quality Japanese made optics in that price range, many of them lower than the 2000 mark
Trijicon Ten Mile
EOTECH Vudu
Vortex Razor
Athlon Cronus
Tract Toric
Delta Stryker
Sightron SVIII is available for that for the time being
Nightforce ATCAR
Leupold MK5

Burris claims to be releasing an illuminated version of the XTR III in the next couple of years.
Each scope has it own idiosyncrasies

Best is subjective.
There are numerous, high quality Japanese made optics in that price range, many of them lower than the 2000 mark
Trijicon Ten Mile
EOTECH Vudu
Vortex Razor
Athlon Cronus
Tract Toric
Delta Stryker
Sightron SVIII is available for that for the time being
Nightforce ATCAR
Leupold MK5

Burris claims to be releasing an illuminated version of the XTR III in the next couple of years.
Each scope has it own idiosyncrasies
That one.

Of the others on the list, I've had the Vortex, ATACR, and Mk5. IMO, the Trijicon beats them all.

Another I'd consider for a little less $$ would be a Sig Tango6. (And not just because I have 1 for sale in the PX. :ROFLMAO:)

And if you really want to save some $$$ over all of these, Meopta Optika6.