• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best 30mm ring setup???

tacsniper0888

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2012
Hey guys. I just ordered a new nightforce nxs 5.5-22/56 with MOAR reticle. It's my first high end scope other than the leupold vx-3's I grew up on. It's going on a remington 700 5R milspec .308 that will be a field gun and hunted with. Will ride in a pelican hard case in the bed of the truck or back seat from home to field. As well as on a fourwheeler on the ride in. What is the best ring and ring heights for my setup? Has a 20 moa one piece rail on it. Base is steel. Do I need steel rings or are aluminum fine? 4 screw or 6 screw? Low medium or high? Also what lens covers are best on market now? Nightforce rep recommended the new BC tactical ones to me but I've been reading bad things about them on here. Thanks guys.

In what height? I think I'm either going to run the factory NF bikini covers or the AADMOUNT flip up covers I came across on here. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks guys.

Aadmount covers are the real deal.

My next scope will probably be sitting in Seekins rings. I have TPS on a few guns and like them, just wish they were a little wider.

How high are the seekins high rings? I don't want to lose my cheek weld or pelican neck it for hours on end while on scope! Stock H&S precision stock for now with a stock pack on it. Had a millet LRS(JUNK) on it in low height IOR Valdada rings and cleared 56mm bell fine with butler creek caps on it but it also has a 35mm tube. By the way, it's for sale now if anybody needs a good river weight for their fishin pole! :) lol.