• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best 7mm-08 Brass

Helmet

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
Central California
I'm going to start reloading 7mm-08 in the near future. I'm leaning towards getting Winchester brass. It would be an easy decision if Lapua made 7mm-08, but I don't know if it's worth necking up 260. I've never used Norma or Nosler brass. Suggestions?

Re: Best 7mm-08 Brass

I tried necking up Lapua 260 brass. You will not likely get by with just necking up and will also have to do a light neck turn. The results, so far, have been positive but I don't think I will do it again.
I also us some Nosler 7MM08 and though some on here express dissatisfaction with Nosler brass in general I have no problem with it. I also use it in 300WM and it is holding up well.
But the bottom line is that I can get virtually the same result from Winchester 7MM08 brass and have decided to stay with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lapua 308, neck down. </div></div>

While on the surface this seems like a good idea in reality is 308 necked down is too short for 243 260 and 7-08

It sounds like I might have problems if I try make 7-08 out of Lapua 260 or 308. Unless Nosler or Norma 7-08 are better than I think they are it sounds like Winchester 7-08 is the way to go. At least until Lapua makes them.