• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best all around 45 suppressor

Doctorwho1138

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2010
Deep in the woods
I am in the process of buying a couple of suppressors. I have decided on the 22 dead air mask for my 22 needs. What I am undecided about is what pistol suppressor to get. I think I am going to go with the ACC Ti Rant 45. What I wants is a quiet suppressor that can adapt to a variety of hosts. What I have now is a HK Mark 23 45, HK USP 40 tactical, HK VP9 tactical and on my wish list is a HK USP tactical 9. Will this suppressor adapt with the appropriate pistons? Is there a better option for an all around suppressor? Thanks and appreciate all the help in advance.

I spent YEARS doing research on the best suppressors... And for a pistol can, I always ended up landing on the Rugged Obsidian 45.

When I bought my suppressors at the beginning of the month, the Rugged Obsidian 45 is what I bought. It's rated for up .45-70 gov't with a 16" minimum barrel length. That is one strong pistol can. It's also rated for .350 Legend (which I plan on getting sooner or later just to tinker with...I like the concept that it's basically a straight-wall 5.56 case with .357 Magnum projectiles. I already load for 5.56 and .357 Mag, so I have components sitting around.

KAC mark 23 is my favorite (and of course is on my HK Mark 23), next is osprey 45 - though that catch to rotate the can has broken twice just by light shooting, dipshits at sico had to repair it ... rugged obsidian is very nice ,...

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
How would the Dead Air Ghost fit in to this discussion? I have a B&T APC 45 and GHM9 that I’m looking to suppress.

How would the Dead Air Ghost fit in to this discussion? I have a B&T APC 45 and GHM9 that I’m looking to suppress.
I was originally going to order the DA Ghost-M 45 over the Rugged, simply to be brand-loyal to Dead Air, since my other 2 cans are DA products (Nomad-LT & Mask HD)... Even though the Rugged had always shown up the top choice in my research, but the fact that the DA Ghost 45 is practically made of unobtanium right now, and the Rugged was available and WAY cheaper... I went with the Rugged Obsidian 45. Love the can, and the price, but was not at all thrilled that I was only able to order one in FDE finish, because black was sold out at the time... I don't own an FDE gun, so it will probably look stupid on black pistols, but whatever... 🙄

HOWEVER... I've been told that once I get it, I can always send it back to Rugged to get it powder-coated black for like $25, so I'll probably end up doing that, or having it camo dipped (if this can be done?) or camo cerakoted or something cool and unique done to it. Black ACU digital camo would look pretty tacti-cool. 😉

With everything going on with the Freedom Group explosion I’d probably stay away from anything AAC for the next little while.
I looked very hard at a Ghost and the Obsidian.
I liked the where the weight is on the Ghost a little more so I ended up with it and I love it.
A little aggravating that I can’t find a m16x1lh (for an H&K USP) anywhere and nothing from the guys at Dead Air either. Been looking for around 4-5 months.

Reactions: FuhQ
With everything going on with the Freedom Group explosion I’d probably stay away from anything AAC for the next little while.
I looked very hard at a Ghost and the Obsidian.
I liked the where the weight is on the Ghost a little more so I ended up with it and I love it.
A little aggravating that I can’t find a m16x1lh (for an H&K USP) anywhere and nothing from the guys at Dead Air either. Been looking for around 4-5 months.
That was also a huge selling point for me with the Rugged Obsidian 45. It comes with .578x28 installed, and I bought their 16x1LH (H&K HK45) and 1/2x28 (9mm & .357 Sig) pistons to go with it, as well, that way all my pistol bases are covered.