• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best ammo for pap m85 in 5.56?

Smcarroll

gun nut
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2011
Montana/Wyoming
So I have a Yugo pap m85 in 5.56. I really like it, seems solid. I am looking to make or buy some bullets for it, I prefer heavy bullets in a 5.56 but I have zero experience loading it for a 10.5" barrel. What does the hide say about feeding this thing?

I would guess that it should eat just about anything. For cost savings I would just go with steel cased 62 grain Wolf 223...

I have wolf and pmc 62 grainers on hand, I was just curious if anyone had any experience with 5.56 in a 10.5" AK. I know the 7.62 pap m90 with a 10.5" eats anything.

I have experience with several Ak rifles, but not the one in question. Do post your range trip results for this firearm as I am interested in how reliable these rifles are using standard AR15 mags and that hybrid mag well.

I definitely will. The magwell feels pretty solid and aluminum brownells mags drop free. It seems to feed and eject well. We will see, I have high hopes, this is as close to a krink as I will ever own.