• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best AR-10 mag thats not a p mag....?

Texaslongshot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
I have a DD AR-10 (.308). Its been jamming alot and most recently would not pick up the next round off the magazine. I cleaned and lubed and it did the same thing. If i rested the gun on the magazine (p mag) it would pick up the next round. I think i have a magazine issue.

Recommendations on the best AR-10 mag thats not a p mag.......?

I have a DD AR-10 (.308). Its been jamming alot and most recently would not pick up the next round off the magazine. I cleaned and lubed and it did the same thing. If i rested the gun on the magazine (p mag) it would pick up the next round. I think i have a magazine issue.

Recommendations on the best AR-10 mag thats not a p mag.......?

Other then PMAGs I use D&H TACTICAL 7.62MM 20RD STEEL. I have had no issues with them at all.

See Here:

Reactions: bfoosh006
Have you tried a couple of different PMags ? If it repeats with others then it might be a slightly out of spec mag catch.

Not a big fan of the 308 Magpuls. I like Lancer, but they're expensive and a pain to find. I've also had zero problems with 30 round ProMags.
My gen 3 PMags bulge noticably towards the top when fully loaded, the Lancer and ProMags don't. On my MWS and POF's, the fully loaded PMags don't insert smoothly. Lancers and Promag are fine.
Empty PMag
IMG_0709.jpg

Loaded PMag
IMG_0710.jpg

Loaded Lancer
IMG_0711.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 50
KAC, hands down but I've run the D&H mags very hard without issue. Have Lancers and never has issues but have not run them as hard as KAC and D&H.

PB

like others are saying, if you want the absolute best, then KAC.

I'd agree with what others are saying, if it's not working with PMAGS, then it's not the mags.

Lancers are my preferred mag. I did buy some PMags as back ups (they were half the price) and they work fine in both my PSA's.

I've been using Israeli E-Landers and C-Products Defense in my kid's SR-25 recently.

I haven't seen an IMI plastic magazine for a few years now.

Reactions: Jsp556