• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best AR platform bipod

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
CA
Hi gents, I am finishing my bastardized Mark-12 rifle build. I would like your suggestions for the best bi-pod to mount on the 1913 rail.

Re: Best AR platform bipod

I have a Rock Creek, Harris, TangoDown and an Atlas. If I was forced to choose one I would go with the Atlas for sure. It comes with rubber feet, I would get a set of the spiked feet also and you'll be set.

There is a reason you almost never see a used Atlas for sale and if you do it usually sells at retail price in 30 minutes or less. I have the v8.1 and it's great. I you decide you don't like it you can sell it here for what you paid and only lose the $5 you will pay to ship it. The initial cost is high but they really are nice. With the ball head, it pans, tilts and swivels, none of the others do all of that.

Atlas, worth every penny and it's a lot of them

Funny, I just bought the Atlas v8.1 a few hours ago. I am freaking excited to get it and test it out. I have heard nothing but good reviews. Can you guys please go into depth as to why the Atlas is better than a Harris, blackhawk down etc. Thanks

I think the Mike Rock Bi-Pod is a great choice for the AR. It comes with spiked feet and has always served me well. A bit heavy though. I am not a huge fan of tango down but on the ARs it does its purpose well. I have the GGG bipod also and it is nice fits the rails but have not tried it on an AR. Loads easy on the bolt so if that looks like something you want they are also good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paradude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, I just bought the Atlas v8.1 a few hours ago. I am freaking excited to get it and test it out. I have heard nothing but good reviews. Can you guys please go into depth as to why the Atlas is better than a Harris, blackhawk down etc. Thanks </div></div>

The atlas is more versatile than the harris. It can go into more positions and has better rubber feet. Loads much easier than the Harris. The only thing the Harris has better IMO is it deploys easier because the legs are spring loaded.

Thanks for all the help guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paradude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, I just bought the Atlas v8.1 a few hours ago. I am freaking excited to get it and test it out. I have heard nothing but good reviews. Can you guys please go into depth as to why the Atlas is better than a Harris, blackhawk down etc. Thanks</div></div>

When you get it mounted on your rifle, you'll understand why the Atlas is better than the Harris.

Yes I totally agree Atlas bipods is the shiz nit, lol

But if you have to compete in those tactical matches were you are on a race to deploy the bipod you will lose everytime to someone using something like a Harris bipod.