• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best ar10 grip upgrade?

cruze5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2006
Kentucky
got a Gap Ar10 on the way. any suggestion on a new grip?

i've heard MIAD and the S.P.R. grip.

looking for some input on the hide
cool.gif

Re: best ar10 grip upgrade?

Just got a ERGO Grip made by falcon industries. My buddy had one on his AR10 so I had to buy one for mine. That damn thing is really really nice. I wouldn't run it on my AR15 but absolutely fits the AR10 and shooting precision. It has a larger palm swell. Only thing I can compare it to is the oversized palm swells on the HS PSS stocks.

I also have a Falcon Ergo, because I thought I would need it. I like it better than the MIAD for these purposes, but actually the A2 felt OK for whatever reason. I think it is because the match trigger in the AR-10 had a longer LOP than an AR-15 trigger.

I am gradually switching to the Ergo Large-frame Tactical Deluxe grip on my 308 ARs (the Suregrip model WITHOUT the palm shelf). My POF P-308 came with one and I fell in love with the grip after the first hundred rounds down range. I have since migrated to them exclusively. Great fit/feel, texture and an all-around excellent grip!

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm...TOKEN=98279860.

I have also run the MIAD using the F2 front and B3 backstraps. The nice thing about the MIAD is that you can "tune" it to your needs somewhat and get a grip that perhaps fits you better than others that are one-size-fits-all.

It really all comes down to personal preference, but I have no issues recommending the Ergo and MIAD grips.

I was running the miad on my ar15, and just switched to the ergo. Its way nicer, and places my trigger finger at a 90 degree angle more naturally. The only thing i like about the miad over the ergo, is that little cap that it has to close out the bottom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the Miad with the huge backstrap. </div></div>

I agree. I have smaller, thick hands and fingers but this is the perfect length grip to the trigger for me. The storage is nice too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruze5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what modification is needed for the MOE? do you have to do this same thing for the MIAD?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG415Blk&groupid=58

Will not work with AR10® / SR25 style rifles without modification. </div></div>

With the MIAD you just buy a wedge that fills the gap at the back due to the different receiver contour.

+1 on LoneWolf's comments. Unless the gap just bothers you in terms of appearance, I doens't have any effect on function. You can buy Magpul's $4 "wedge" but it isn't need with the MIAD (or the MOE).

fwiw,
I prefer the standard ERGO Grip and have them on the four ARs I own. From the full up Colts, to the OBR, to the Noveske. That said it is a personal thing... You did not ask, however, for me a Crane/SOPMOD Stock and an Ergo grip is just about perfect... I've given both MIADs and Tango Downs away. Along with the Tango Down Mk 46. Greatly prefer the Dieter CQD. Fwiw & imho.

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

I have the Ergo Large-frame Tactical Deluxe (stock on my POF) and it is very nice, but with me having smaller hands I might try something else. Is the standard ERGO smaller?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Ergo Large-frame Tactical Deluxe (stock on my POF) and it is very nice, but with me having smaller hands I might try something else. Is the standard ERGO smaller? </div></div>

The standard Ergo IS smaller in diameter/girth because of the lack of palm swells on both sides of the grip like those found on the Tactical Deluxe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Ergo Large-frame Tactical Deluxe (stock on my POF) and it is very nice, but with me having smaller hands I might try something else. Is the standard ERGO smaller? </div></div>

I have a ERGO that I pulled off my M4 sitting here. PM me your address and I will send it to you. I much prefer the MOE over it, so it won't be going back on any of my rifles.

For those involved in this thread- how is the height of the Falcon Ergo vs the palm shelf Falcon Ergo? I just pulled off my palm shelf ergo- I liked the feel but it necessitated a higher position and it was a less natural trasition from my AW. I would like to try the Ergo, but I would really need to know about the height thing.

I like the "rite-grip" attachment. It moves your entire grip rearward about a half inch so it is easier for me to put the tip of my finger onto the trigger... I like that better than having either my knuckle on the trigger, or having to pull my finger out so the pad of my finger contacts the trigger. It just makes proper finger placement easier for me. And almost any grip works with it.

I have the ERGO on a LMT MWS and a MIAD on another AR. I like the softer and stickier rubbery texture (aka grippy) of the ERGO. I do like the MIAD in that the bottom storage cap does not fall out every 2-3 rounds like the ERGO
smirk.gif

I use the MIAD and love it ....I have the spacer that fils the gap

i had my gf run pick up the MIAD while i was at work on friday. i installed it late friday on my ar15. So far the install went smooth and feels good. My Armalite needed a long allen wrench to remove the original grip, that was fun....

any site supporters that sell the ergo grip?

I bought my last Ergo TD from MidwayUSA a while back using one of the SH discount codes in conjunction with some other products I ordered. If you don't find any site sponsors that offer them, that is an option.

All my AR's & SR25 wear the Sierra Precision SPR

If it shoot's, drives fast or has hair around it-- I'm into it!

according to brownells i can order any grips i want then return the grips if i decide i don't like them. i just pay shipping back to them.

im going to go that route

well i ordered the ergo Tactical (4045) and the ergo standard (4000) from Brownells.

The tactical grip is HUGE, and its going back.

The standard ergo is alot better.

To top it off i was at budsgunshop here locally and saw a dpms sass rifle with a similar grip with the palm wrest and it felt amazing... i called dpms and they are saying its the panther grip, i reasearched it and it doesn't even look similar
frown.gif

So im stuck, i've got the MIAD on my ar15 and like it. Idk what im going to do, for sure the tactical deluxe is going back, i might exchange it for the panther grip..