• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best arca rail attachment with bag ????

Idoktr

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
New to PRS and looking for a ARCA rail attachment with bag. Would prefer all in one unit vs seperate bag.........thoughts?

I've used a couple of different products.

First option available from Cole-Tac. They offer a backbone bag frame with the actual ARCA clamp. Then you can add a bag or two to strap to the frame. You might consider a thin one plus a thicker one.

I like Cole-Tac products, and they've supported a number of matches I've attended... with that said, I think there is one shortcoming with the backbone: it's relatively narrow in the middle.

I've found that attaching my Cole-Tac bags to my Gray Ops mini-plate is more stable - and the mini-plate is also a standalone piece. Gray Ops also sells a bag to match the plate, but they're really proud of it. Cole-Tac bag of similar size is half the price but cost of two shipments vs one eats into that.

I often use both rigs (Cole-Tac, Gray Ops) in matches because it takes a bit of time to switch bags around on one "frame." If I had to choose just one? Gray Ops if $$ is no object, because the plate is more usable as a standalone piece than the Cole-Tac frame, which really needs a bag strapped to it, and the mini-plate is wider in the middle which adds a bit of stability.

Good luck.

Reactions: Lesptr and Idoktr
When you say all in one do you mean the arca is made into the bag or just one that can be attached and unattached if need be? I would definitely not get something that is made into the bag with no way to disconnect. Limits your uses. Get a plate and then a bag that can attach to the plate.

Here are some bags that will work on the Railchanger X

Also some of the Warhorse bags can attach to it also.

When you say all in one do you mean the arca is made into the bag or just one that can be attached and unattached if need be? I would definitely not get something that is made into the bag with no way to disconnect. Limits your uses. Get a plate and then a bag that can attach to the plate.

Here are some bags that will work on the Railchanger X

Also some of the Warhorse bags can attach to it also.

Great point. Was thinking about all in one, but you point of limits is well taken. Thanks

Reactions: Rob01
The above mentioned bags are good bags, but once I started using less equipment and focused on using one bag efficiently (Armageddon Schmedium), my scores went up considerably.

Reactions: Idoktr
15633116494509.jpg

the best attachments ever .

Reactions: Northtogladwin
The above mentioned bags are good bags, but once I started using less equipment and focused on using one bag efficiently (Armageddon Schmedium), my scores went up considerably.

Didn't mean to buy and use all of them but pick one and use it. I use just a game changer also.

I have a Cole-Tac "backbone" frame with their "flat bag" on it, using an Area 419 ARCA clamp.

Knowing what I know now, I would still buy the Cole-Tac frame and bag, but go with a Gray Ops QD ARCA clamp...get the one for an Atlas bipod, it will have the same "footprint/attachment" holes as an Area 419 ARCA clamp. I have the Gray Ops QD on my Atlas CAL bipod, flipping the lever of the QD clamp is easy/fast for attaching/moving/removing vs the Area 419 screw knob.

Not quite an "all in one" but I'm running a Gray Ops Pro plate with an Armageddon Gear Shmedium bag. The piece that ties it all together is the Armageddon "Brasier". Yes, it looks like a cage bra but the ends of the bag drop thru the nylon hoops and then velcro tabs feed thru slots and secure it to the plate. The other option I am pondering is the Wiebad plate bag. Also works with the Gray Ops and has hooks that latch into the same slots the velcro tabs go thru. Definately a lower profile option and I may grab one someday. The AG bag is a tad tall to fit thru something like a fence gate barricade attached and I have to run it loose (which isn't the end of the world).

P.S. I agree with @Cowpokey. Knobs are a PITA! I much prefer an RRS ARCA clamp or the Gray Ops QD (comes that way on the pro plate).

Reactions: Cowpokey
New to PRS and looking for a ARCA rail attachment with bag. Would prefer all in one unit vs seperate bag.........thoughts?
My experience has been that with the bag attached you can move a little quicker. I have been borrowing other people's attached bag setups at matches when the baracade has smaller ports where a game changer would be cumbersome. The A419 gen two changer-x with the coletac D bag has been my favorite so far.

I 3D printed a plate to fit an Area 419 clamp and use a little Warhorse Developments bag on it. It was supposed to be just to try it out before machining a proper one up but it worked so well I didn't bother changing it. I use a waxed canvas Shmedium most of the time but this definitely has its place depending on what you're shooting off.

1662636741681.jpeg

1662637027717.jpeg

Reactions: nikonNUT