• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best B14R Trigger?

hafejd30

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    MI
    So I staked my ejector hoping to weed out the failures to eject brass from my B14R. Now onto the trigger

Factory trigger will go to just under 3lbs. Has the single adjustment screw on the bottom. (Pic below) It has a creep before the trigger that makes it feel like absolute crap no matter where the screw is set

So what’s the best replacement? I love my AI rifle two stages and SSA-E so was thinking going two stage here as well

So far this rifle has me wishing I’d just gone T1X in a krg bravo. My current T1X adjusts to 15 oz from the factory trigger and the bolt throw is much nicer

Also are these trigger pins supposed to be this far out on the one side?

I edited original title-

What are the thoughts between timney HIT and trigger tech options? Gun will be used for target and pigeon shooting at farms. Something two stage would be good but a reliable 1-2 lbs trigger would be decent to
    C2941E6C-9A1D-4C36-8C0A-F8F832398E2A.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: MO12
    I did the trigger tech 2 stage Rem 700 8oz-24oz, I love it.

Mike

Reactions: FuhQ
    Screw it ordered the trigger tech 2 stage special

Not necessarily based on 1 recommendation but just searching. Hopefully will like it. Will post back here when installed

Reactions: FuhQ
    Timney has had various light strikes issues, you can search youtube........I went TT diamond and never looked back.
    Went TT special 2 stage. Even at its heavier side it will no doubt be better than this factory trigger

They are adjustable......just depends on your sweet spot. I migrated from 2 stage to single stage. My step son loves his 2 stage. Personmal preference but you'll get a small allen to adjust both stages.

Reactions: hafejd30
    They are adjustable......just depends on your sweet spot. I migrated from 2 stage to single stage. My step son loves his 2 stage. Personmal preference but you'll get a small allen to adjust both stages.
    I prefer 2 stage in both AR and my bolt guns currently. So it just makes sense here I suppose. However those are Geissele in the AR and several Accuracy International triggers. My single stages are factory Tikka, savage accutrigger and a jewel in my P1000 which is the only 700 based action I have left besides this new B14R

One vote for the Bix’s & Andy two stage Pro Tac
    Have them in both centerfire B14 and B14 Rimfire

Screw it ordered the trigger tech 2 stage special

Not necessarily based on 1 recommendation but just searching. Hopefully will like it. Will post back here when installed
    I have 3 TriggerTechs in rifles, and really enjoy them. ZERO creep or overtravel. Extremely crisp break.

Reactions: BMP and hafejd30
    TT failed me, twice (2 seperate triggers, 2 different guns). Timney 2 stage, never had a single issue.

Did a customer's today, he has an older TT 2 stage (dark blue / grey, not the green), works great and said has been perfect since day one.

*Shrug*.

I will point out that the Bergara rimfire bolt shroud and cocking piece are not an overall great design, and benefit from some tweaks.

I just went with a $150 Shilen Competition Trigger for mine. I have it set at a crisp 6 oz pull. Of course it is a single stage. No safety either as my Bergara is shot either prone or from a bench. It will adjust down to 3 oz..

I installed a TriggerTech Diamond flat blade which duplicates the trigger set in my PRS build.

Reactions: BMP
    I’ve got a TT primary in mine and can’t complain even with shooting matches with it at 1.5lbs

I've had a few TT Diamonds. Plenty of adjustment and absolutely no failures.

Brad

I just put a jewell trigger and it’s insane. Simple design with a swap of trigger spirings but mine safely breaks at 10oz, not even adjusted. Don’t hear much about them oddly so putting it out there anyways