• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best BC calculator

smead45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2010
Illinois
Looking for the best BC calculator to use in conjunction with my LabRadar so I can maximize the data.

Steve

I've used Strelok for the last 4 years or so and it has done me well.

I just bought a Kestrel 5700 Elite Ballistics, so I'm going to start using that and see how it stacks up. I have nothing worth noting about a comparison between the two, yet, but I'm sure the AB software won't dissapoint.

Thank you. I have applied ballistics and shooter. What I'm looking for is a calculator so I can calculate my actual BC based on my velocities at several distances. There may be a sub menu on AB that I'm not aware of that does this.

Steve

Great question Steve. I just received my LabRadar last week, was looking at all the data and thinking the same thing.

I started out with Vortex's site which worked well for me and then bought a Kestrel with AB for a better WX source and the AB program. A few months later I found a deal on the Garmin 701 and have not used the Kestrel again. Love it. Using the truing page on the 701 gets me within .1 of a mil of elevation from 100 to 1200 yards so far. Have not had such luck with the wind, but I'm sure that's due to gusts and my inability to read the wind along the range accurately. Hope to try it out to 1400 this weekend.

Specific to your question, I don't know how to use all our new info with any of those devices. I'll be watching for an expert's reply.

Where are you in IL????

Strelok can do this. Just click "multiBC" under cartridge selection.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181218-191045_Strelok Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20181218-191045_Strelok Pro.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 43
JBM used to have a BC calculator. Not sure if they still do.

I use my applied ballistics and use the ballistic calibration tool. If you get a large % change, tweak your BC and run the ballistic calibration again until it lines up perfect. I've done this a few time with AB with good results. Tested from almost sea level to 10k feet.

I`m making a calculator for college. The team of professionals will do my assignment for me. I work with them many times and they always provide me with excellence in every homework task. So maybe you can give me some ideas about features for calculator?