• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Bench Rest

Re: Best Bench Rest

every time i go to a comp everyone looks at me like im crazy but i use 1/2 bag of feed corn (living on a farm has its perks) and a bipod. i like it because if the rear rest isn't the perfect hight i just hit the bag or squeze the sides

Depends on the particular dicipline your shooting. For medium and long range BR I really don't care for the co-axial type rests, but for short range I wouldn't want to be without one. I like my Bald Eagle slingshot with a windage top, but would love to get ahold of something heavier. I haven't had any issue with this one moving , but I may still get a piece of plate and mount this rest to the plate and try to gain about 25 pounds or so on it. I wold consider looking up the Viper rest though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">every time i go to a comp everyone looks at me like im crazy but i use 1/2 bag of feed corn (living on a farm has its perks) and a bipod. i like it because if the rear rest isn't the perfect hight i just hit the bag or squeze the sides </div></div>

And how do the boys with all the toys do compared to you? I hope you taught them a thing or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">every time i go to a comp everyone looks at me like im crazy but i use 1/2 bag of feed corn (living on a farm has its perks) and a bipod. i like it because if the rear rest isn't the perfect hight i just hit the bag or squeze the sides </div></div>

I used to shoot off a rest on the bench all the time. Of course used the bipod from prone. About a year ago, I switched to the bipod/bag combo shooting groups from the bench.

This last trip out I went back to a rest and *really* noticed how much torque the bipod absorbs. 208's at almost 2900 fps really winds up my 300wm in the rest, even with a fairly flat bottom stock.

I prefer the bipod, thank you very much.

John

I had a farley but prefer the Fulgrahm better

6qazv4.jpg

Hey what't the benchrest shown on the home screen of Sniper's Hide. The image on the left side of the screen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">every time i go to a comp everyone looks at me like im crazy but i use 1/2 bag of feed corn (living on a farm has its perks) and a bipod. i like it because if the rear rest isn't the perfect hight i just hit the bag or squeze the sides </div></div>

And how do the boys with all the toys do compared to you? I hope you taught them a thing or two. </div></div>

i went to my first f-class ever shoot with the bag of corn and everyone looked at me like i was some crazy redneck. i got second with a score of 589 and 33x.

The NEO will start production in June, but there is already a good waiting list started.
The SEB Rest has been now up graded to a Gen 2, as Sebastian has taken some of the NEO's innards and put them into the SEB Rest.
Such as: New spring tension. Has a "built in" upward tension to resist more weight on the top.
New collet type joystick, the use of new/better Teflon bearings and Teflon pressure plate.

Once you get on the wait list for the SEB Rest it is approximately 3 months.

The SEB does well at LR too. My 15 year has shot a 1000 yard group well under 4" when using it and Sebastian himself killed a prairie dog at over 1,000 yards using a single-shot specialty handgun