• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best BR/offhand scope for a Kidd 10/22 -- for my son

cubewarrior

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Dallas, TX
Hi,

I'm building a Kidd 10/22 for my 11y son -- my existing full size 22lr trainer (M40A5-like) with a 25x scope is too big for him. The Kidd will print less than an inch at 50y when my son does his part. Would you recommend a scope that is sufficient for him to self-spot hits at 50y on BR while still having a form factor that fits low on a 10/22 and can also be shot offhand at 15y and 25y. The larger scopes sit too high and come back too far for him to get proper eye relief. I already have an adjustable stock.

Thanks

My son's 10/22 has a Vortex 2-7x32 on it. Not great, but he wouldn't appreciate great anyway. It's cheap, light, fairly small, and works great for gophers.

Hard to tell how light or small you want the scope to be vs what you have now...Im going to say that the midas tac 4-16x should make a great choice.

Thanks for all of your replies. We run a Strike Eagle 1-6 on his lever gun -- great for steel but not so great for self-sighting. If he'll be able to spot 22 holes at 4-16x, then that should be a good compromise.

I also have the Vortex Diamondback Tactical on my back up Kidd and you can easily see holes at 50 yards. My Goddaughter (5'0" ~100 lbs) has no problems with the set up.