• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Best budget electronic predator call on a budget

aaron burks

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
Low Gap AR
Would like some opinions on foxpro, primos powerdog, johnny stewart etc. Trying to save money for a scope so need to spend as little as possible.

Re: Best budget electronic predator call on a budget

agree with CBM, foxpro now has budget minded to custom level models to choose from. I own 2 and brother inlaw owns another. Never had a problem, easy to change/add sounds. I have had the others and not that they are bad but I like the foxpros.

Cabelas has the Johnny Stewart PM 4 on sale right now for $99, unless they have sold out. They are normally $199. I've had one for the last 3 years and it's never given me any problems. Yes, I'd like to have a FoxPro CS-24 or Minaska Ultimate 1, but I usually only use 2-3 sounds on the e-caller and my hand calls the rest of the time, so it isn't worth $400-$500 for a call to me.

The PM 4 is wireless and I've used the remote out to ~100yds and it works fine in decent conditons. I think it comes with 12 sounds on it.

we are trying out a Foxpro Wildfire, take it out this weekend
hope we wack something!
initial test was good, you could hear a good 1/4 mile away on the distressed rabbit