• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Best budget NV and/or thermal rifle scope

Trent A

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • What’s your recommendation for something that is usable out to at least 100 yards on coyotes?

I tried a couple NV scopes in the $500-$550 range that had good reviews on Amazon (in hind sight probably not the best reviewers for such a device, lol). Both were garbage. I could see 15 yards at best, and that was the better of the two. So, taking it to The Hide for a more knowledgeable group for suggestions before buying my next scope to try out.

What’s the best budget option that’s actually usable to 100 yards? What have you used that should be avoided? Any options that might surpass my needs but is ‘worth the money’ to spend a bit more on, without going to crazy beyond what would be considered budget minded? What would you consider price wise as being the minimum that would meet the 100 yard stipulation?

I was going to give a budget to work with but I honestly don’t know what the bottom of what I’m asking for in performance would even be… would $1,000 get me there or should I keep saving my pennie’s?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/reviews!
    -Trent

For reference on the ones I tried, just looked them up, and they were:

1. Sightmark Wraith HD Digital Night Vision Riflescope (4-32x50)
    2. Sightmark Wraith 4K Digital Night Vision Riflescope (3-24x50)

@Trent A
    Watch the Post exchange here along with the E&E on ARFCOM, and TACSWAP. Look for the Burris series of thermals. The BTS and BTC will get the job done, and I have seen them for sale by guys and they have ranged in price from $1300 and up. I had a couple of BTC 50’s that were great for urban coyotes.

Reactions: Trent A
    Wraith mini 4k weighs a lot less as well if weight is a concern, I think new they are around $700

Slightly over your budget, but I hear REALLY good things... I cancelled my Arken Zulus order due to it not being the LRF version, and will probably order one of these tonight to take its place, as an inexpensive knock-around NV scope. Plus, it will be similar in buttons and function menus to my new AGM Rattler TS50-640 thermal that will be here by the end of the week, so that will be nice keeping things similar. K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple, Stupid. 👍🏼

Tim over at Alabama Arsenal did a great review video of it...

Last edited:
    Reactions: carbonbased