• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best bufferless .300 BLK suppressor host?

ColoRye

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2018
I’m trying to find the best option for a bufferless pistol in 300 BLK to run suppressed. I like the MCX Rattler, but understand that it has terrible gas blowback unless a flow through suppressor is used. I have two traditional .30 cans (a Silencerco Omega 300 and a YHM Resonator K) and have no intention of buying a third. Does anyone have recommendations for something with a 10” or less barrel that would fit my needs?

Last edited:
Eh probably not what you want but it is buffer less lol

https://solo300.com/products/solo-300-upper-no-barrel
Thanks. Honestly, part of my motivation is that the Colorado legislature will be putting up a bill to ban “assault weapons” for the second year in a row, and given the fact that our state has been inundated by commies from California and Illinois I’m afraid it’ll pass. For that reason, I’m focusing on semi-auto options.

I’m trying to find the best option for a bufferless pistol in 300 BLK to run suppressed. I like the MCX Rattler, but understand that it has terrible gas blowback unless a flow through suppressor is used. I have two traditional .30 cans (a Silencerco Omega 300 and a YHM Resonator K) and have no intention of buying a third. Does anyone have recommendations for something with a 10” or less barrel that would fit my needs?

There are only a handful of options other than mcx.

CMMG Dissent
PSA jkal
Upcoming PWS URX
BRN-180
FM-15

I don't own any of these buy I've demo'd a cmmg dissent suppressed and liked it quite a bit.

Adjustable gas, non-reciprocating ch, 6.5", etc. Was a good compact package imo.

I guess bullpup options don't have buffers either.

Tavor
Desert Tech mdrx
Etc

What is steering you away from a “normal” AR setup? Is this a legal workaround to the impending legislation? ARs are the easy button.

Also, if you are racing legislation, it should be pointed out that laws need not have a “grandfather clause.”

There's always the Sig Spear LT as well. With any standard baffle can, you're going to get a lot of gas back to the shooter no matter the rifle. Even if it's piston driven. With the Spear, I've run standard baffle and flow through. Both work just fine. It's slightly hefty but it's also bomb proof.

I might take a look at the CMMG Dissent with the 10.5" barrel. Better ballistics with supers than say a Rattler and it'll run subs no problem. Has a 1:7 twist barrel, none of the stupid 1:5 twist barrels Sig uses. You'll be able to shoot normal bonded bullets or even Berry's plated subsonic pills and not have to worry about them coming apart as soon as the bullet leaves the barrel.

Brownells BRN-180... Love mine!

IMG_7811.jpeg

Thanks, all. I’ve decided to go with the 9” Sig Spear LT for its versatility with subs and supers. Who knows, I might add a Rattler LT upper down the line.

Does anyone have experience with the BRN 180 s vs sh model? I plan to shoot mostly suppressed, but with subs and supers.

Thanks, all. I’ve decided to go with the 9” Sig Spear LT for its versatility with subs and supers. Who knows, I might add a Rattler LT upper down the line.
Is it pretty easy to get just the Rattler LT upper? I'm in the same boat and wondering about buying a complete Rattler LT then a different upper later, or the other way around.

Is it pretty easy to get just the Rattler LT upper? I'm in the same boat and wondering about buying a complete Rattler LT then a different upper later, or the other way around.
You can buy uppers directly from the SIG webstore, but they don't have all caliber/length combos.

With the LT you can also just buy a barrel assy and handguard and swap them on the same upper if you don't mind rezeroing.

It took a bit for all the LT uppers to come out, I'd expect the Rattler to be more readily available in six months or so. With that said, the Spear LT uppers are generally around $1700. They originally had them at $1900 I believe which is a bit steep to say the least. They're calling it a "promotion". I'd call it closer to realistic pricing but still not quite there. If uppers were $1200-$1300, I might consider one.

Sig's listing the 5.56 Rattler upper now at $1799. Only Sig charges more for a shorter barrel and hand guard, LOL.

The MCX isn’t as bad as you’d think at all. Mine with a Dead air primal (high backpressure) doesn’t gas me in the face anywhere near as much as my adjustable gas AR does even with a charging handle designed to minimize gas outflow from the CH
Also, if you are racing legislation, it should be pointed out that laws need not have a “grandfather clause.”
Yes they do, or they constitute an illegal taking under the 4th amendment. ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the constitution. (the second definition of which is making a legally bought item illegal to possess)

the only way they can avoid a grandfather clause and a takings claim is by providing fair compensation.

The MCX isn’t as bad as you’d think at all. Mine with a Dead air primal (high backpressure) doesn’t gas me in the face anywhere near as much as my adjustable gas AR does even with a charging handle designed to minimize gas outflow from the CH

Yes they do, or they constitute an illegal taking under the 4th amendment. ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the constitution. (the second definition of which is making a legally bought item illegal to possess)

the only way they can avoid a grandfather clause and a takings claim is by providing fair compensation.
Cough Streetsweeper Cough

Reactions: Texascbr