• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best bullet / load for a AWM in 338 Lapua 10 twist

Re: best bullet / load for a AWM in 338 Lapua 10 twist

If you indeed have a 1 in 10 twist try 300smk, 92.5 Retumbo, wolf LRM primer this is an awesome load in my rifle.(Same as yours)

Work up to this and try at your own risk!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">appreciate any help in either 250 or 300's what fly's best the barrel is 27" double chamber brake AIAWM
Thanks
Bill </div></div>

Are you sure you have a 1:10 twist? I just got my last September and it was a 1:11 twist. Still I didn't have any problem stabilizing it out to 1500 + yards. Need to stretch it further to see how far though.

Just bought the rifle its never been shot and specs are 1 in 10
looks like I will lean to the 300 smk's

Bill

Is it an AIAWSM from Stacey? If it's 1:10", then I really need to talk to Stacey. I am sure your 1:10" will be great for the 300 SMK. My 1:11 did it fine, but I don't know how well it does out to 1 mile +.

I have a 1 in 10 barrel that I got from Stacey but I was told that it was a very old barrel. The original AWSM's were 1 in 10.

I didn't know if AINA released their new barrels for the AIAWSM. I know that they were working on faster twist barrels, but I didn't think it was that fast.

D, nothing ready yet, we are working with several different twist and setups. Later in the year I would expect the offerings to be available.