• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Bullet or Load for Scar 17 to hit sub MOA?

thedarkknight

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2018
Has anyone done a sub MOA load for the Scar 17? What bullets, bullet weight, powders, etc were used? I bought different ammo to see what stick ammo shot best and so far it’s 175gr Federal Gold Match SMK. Anything better to replicate?

I got ~1MOA w/ FGMM 168gr in my 17... when I tried my bolt gun loads in it w/ 168 Berger hybrid the thing could shoot down to 0.75MOA. I'd test out some combos of 168/175g and used IMR4064/Varget with quality brass/primers. It always seem to be a winning load for 308 loaders

Reactions: thedarkknight
I got ~1MOA w/ FGMM 168gr in my 17... when I tried my bolt gun loads in it w/ 168 Berger hybrid the thing could shoot down to 0.75MOA. I'd test out some combos of 168/175g and used IMR4064/Varget with quality brass/primers. It always seem to be a winning load for 308 loaders
Nice! So the 168 works better than the 175? Have you used CFE 223?

I have generally have seen people liking 168 over 175 for their 17s. You should definitely try yourself as every barrel, and it's harmonic node, will vary