• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Bullets for .260 Rem in a Gas gun

ReaperDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 5, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    Hi all,

I'm building a .260 upper for my large frame Gas gun with the primary use as precision tac matches out to 1000 yds and just fun banging steel at 1000+. I currently have an AI AT bolt action in .260 and primarily shoot Berger 140 Hybrids at .2950 OAL. But I was assuming that same bullet in a standard mag length of 2.82 or so would be seated far too deep for the long 140 Hybrid. What bullet would be best to shoot in the gas gun at the usual mag length that would perform well at long range as well as feed reliably? The .260 case is obviously a bit longer than the 6.5CM, so I'm concerned about reliable feeding and still be able to maintain excellent accuracy.

Any suggestions? Something like the Berger 130 VLD or similar?

I am shooting 140 grain Nosler CC out of a kreiger BBL AR10, and also the 143 ELDX out of a proof carbon fiber BBL AR10. Both running H4350. Both sub MOA easy all day long. No feed issues with either. Running adjustable gas, and the heaviest carrier i could find for lock up, The Kreiger gun also has a tubbs weight, The Proof gun runs a can.

The 130Hybrid seems like a perfect fit for your application.

Thank you. I just pulled the trigger on 300 of the 130 AR hybrids from Powder Valley today. Unfortunately, they will be here before my rifle parts arrive from JP to build the upper. So I'll have to wait to try them out.

Reactions: XLR308
    Thank you. I just pulled the trigger on 300 of the 130 AR hybrids from Powder Valley today. Unfortunately, they will be here before my rifle parts arrive from JP to build the upper. So I'll have to wait to try them out.

Well if your the masochistic type you could sort them by weight and bearing surface until your parts arive. 😃