• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best bushings for bushing dies?

Best bushings for bushing dies?

• Short Action Customs

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Redding TiN Coated

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Redding Polished Steel

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Benchrite Carbide

• Hornady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forster Bump & Neck Sizing Bushing

• RCBS Steel

• RCBS Tungsten Coated

• Other (Comment Below)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • L.E. WIlson

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

NORCAL50

Not a Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2021
California
Best meaning: Creates the most concentric ammo, is machined with the greatest precision and accuracy, and other relevant characteristics such as stamped vs engraved markings, and fit/finish.

I have used all the coatings from Redding and a steel from Hornady. Just got in and tested a SAC bushing. I’ll be converting all of mine over to them, now.

Why? All my other bushing over size the neck. Some by 2 thousands. SAC comes out exactly what is printed on the bushing.

Reactions: Carney556
Forester, anyone know which bushing die is best for pushing back the shoulder 2-4 thousand,
Best I found is a Tubb resizer, where you push all cases back , comes with a Neck gauge so you can measure, Forester you can to but its not as exact, Ideas welcome.

Great now when i get home I'll have to check mine and spend more money.

Sorry. It was only 1 of the 3 i owned but i had been using the .265 bushing for the first 8 reloads on my 6br with great low runout. Decided to go to .264. Runout went to heck. After a lot of experiments, it was the bushing. I was able to quadrant the measurements and found the hole was out of center compared to the other 2. I was using a whidden die so i ordered a .264 from him. It was a beautiful job. And my good runout was back.

I bet the carbide bushings are tits too.

I have several Wilson buttons plus Redding hard-coat and some no-name I got from MSC aobut 1.75 dog ages ago. I haven't tried SAC, I will look at them. I like that fact that I can flip a Wilson and get a slightly different neck size.

Reactions: rancher5
Ive bought a couple of carbide bushings from benchrite, they have been great. I also have SAC and they are really good as well.