• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best cheek pads I've used, God-A-Grip...

Danattherock

Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    These God A Grip sorbothene stick on cheek pads are awesome. I've used them for a few years, just got a few more. Super nice guy down in Melbourne, Florida. They are high quality, stay attached, and totally change the feel on a rifle.

IMG_20200830_213639551.jpg

Reactions: cobus13
    I’ll have to look into that, I currently use this...

The value for me with these is the density and durability of the sorbothene. It's got a slightly tacky feel but won't attract dirt/dust. And the adhesive is very strong compared to the cheek eez.

The cheek eez foam is pretty lightweight and light duty in comparison. This sorbothene in the God A Grip is very dense, so the material isn't thick, yet still feels soft. Kind of hard to explain, but a very different feel.

An alternative that does not get seem to feel as hot in the blistering summer, is not slippery with a long time on the gun, or as cold in the snow, is ultra-cheap, super thin and ultra-light is Mole-skin with adhesive back. I run them on my match guns, field guns, and hunting rifles. Below is one of my hunting rifles. FYI I shoot this gun left-handed.

Pig Rifle.jpg

You gen get it in various sizes, I have this huge can below and it can do more rifles than I can count and still have lots leftover. On my match gun, it last at least the 3 barrels worth, but it is fast and easy to change.

The image below is a really old picture of one of my match guns (I no longer have it, but the image was on my phone). That's how the moleskin looks after a lot of hours and rounds. Still plenty comfy and easy to peel off if you don't like the dirty look.
    Old match gun2.jpg

Current match gun below, although the season has been, well 2020 and a bit worse for me. Just got back in from the fire evacuations- the air is still not clear -

F92CE89F-4E82-45A4-941E-6D3F652CC21D.jpeg

Last edited:
    Wipe the surface with a rag dampened with alcohol on the God-A-Grip and it will remove the tackiness. Great product with some custom sizes and sheets from 1/8
    inch to 3/8 thick to make your own.