• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best CLP

Breakfree has treated me well. I use it to clean and lube my guns, along with a few drops of Hoppes Elite oil on the rails.

Couple of popular CLP's weren't included, which is curious, but the results were surprising none the less.
I like most all of the content he creates. No shilling. Straightforward no bullshit.

i prolly only used break free, but because it was at the store, and not because of my genius.
i don't use clp as a lube, other than leaving it on parts after cleaning.

I have a problem with every clp on the market.

Cleaners don't lube very well.
Lubes don't clean very well.

There are so much better products to clean with, and then lube with.

I feel like all the clp stuff is geared towards those that either don't want 2 bottles, or are concerned about using the wrong bottle during the process.

I do know that Mobil 1 makes a hell of a lot better gun oil than most gun oils. Doesn't burn off, carbon wipes off easy, and it doesn't dry sitting on the shelf.

Reactions: BLEE and 308pirate
Yawn, wake me up when someone pays for some real tribology testing.

I'm not paying attention to some hilljack "test" rig filmed for youtube

Reactions: BCP
Couple of popular CLP's weren't included, which is curious, but the results were surprising none the less.
I like most all of the content he creates. No shilling. Straightforward no bullshit.

Home made test rig that follows no industry standards?

Seems legit