• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Crossover Scope

JDPRH

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2021
Texas
Open to suggestions. Have a 2k and below budget. Would like to stay 30 oz or under, because ounces equal pounds. FFP. Looking hard at an Element Nexus 5-20x50 the MK5 3.6-18 and 5-25, NX-8 4-32 (have kind of crossed that one off), Vortex AMG, EO TECH VUDU. Not a mag whore, but would like 18-25 top end. Fire away. Also going on Tikka UPR

Curious why you are crossing the NF 4-32 off.
Just some of the issue people have talked about with 8 by erector, turrets, “eye box” issues, finicky parallax etc. It’s not off completely, just concerned with some of the things I’ve read. Originally had the 2.5-20 on there and completely crossed it off.

Just some of the issue people have talked about with 8 by erector, turrets, “eye box” issues, finicky parallax etc. It’s not off completely, just concerned with some of the things I’ve read. Originally had the 2.5-20 on there and completely crossed it off.
Understood. I’d put a few minutes behind one before you cross it off.
IMO of the ones you have listed the AMG is hands down the best glass.

Reactions: YotaEer and JDPRH
Understood. I’d put a few minutes behind one before you cross it off.
IMO of the ones you have listed the AMG is hands down the best glass.
I can seem to find one to get behind it. I have got my hands on the MK5’s, the 2.5-20 (wasn’t impressed) and the Vudu. I put the MK5’s next to couple of Razors and liked them better(MK5)but not an AMG. I’m really leaning towards the Nexus, but doesn’t have locking turrets, but I also don’t think it’s that big of an issue. They had a Khales and Swarovski 5-25 that I put next the MK’s, honestly the FOV was better from those two, but the image was better with MK5 to my eye. Would love to find an AMG and NX 4-32 to look at, just haven’t found it yet

AMG is all that it's hyped up to be, truly amazing scope for the price (Liberty Optics). ILya has high praise for the Nexus. I've seen you on the other threads so you know about the Bushnell LRHS/LRTS/LRHS2, the Burris XTR III, March 3-24, March 4.5-28x52, TT 315M, NF ATACR 4-15x42, Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44, Steiner P4Xi 4-16x56 and the REDACTED

But, your thread title says "Best" and if we are talking optically the best is the Tangent Theta 315M 3-15x50, this is the best lightweight crossover scope optically and I doubt it will be bested by any scope 30oz or less anytime soon, but "best" can have many categories so help us out to understand what you mean by "best". If we are talking the most versatile I think I can make an argument for the new March 4.5-28x52 having the greatest FOV and excellent mag range, my scope is hopefully coming in a few weeks and I will try hard to get a review up as I know a lot of shooters are curious how this scope stacks up to other alpha optics.

Reactions: JDPRH
AMG is all that it's hyped up to be, truly amazing scope for the price (Liberty Optics). ILya has high praise for the Nexus. I've seen you on the other threads so you know about the Bushnell LRHS/LRTS/LRHS2, the Burris XTR III, March 3-24, March 4.5-28x52, TT 315M, NF ATACR 4-15x42, Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44, Steiner P4Xi 4-16x56 and the REDACTED

But, your thread title says "Best" and if we are talking optically the best is the Tangent Theta 315M 3-15x50, this is the best lightweight crossover scope optically and I doubt it will be bested by any scope 30oz or less anytime soon, but "best" can have many categories so help us out to understand what you mean by "best". If we are talking the most versatile I think I can make an argument for the new March 4.5-28x52 having the greatest FOV and excellent mag range, my scope is hopefully coming in a few weeks and I will try hard to get a review up as I know a lot of shooters are curious how this scope stacks up to other alpha optics.
He has a 2K budget

Reactions: Glassaholic
I haven’t really seen it talked about but FinnAccuracy did an in field review of the 2.9-20. I would expect to be seeing that soon.

Edit that I missed the 2k budget. Who knows though after tax season 🤷‍♂️

Find a retailer with a range of scopes to view.
Everyone sees the world differently.
The money won't burn a hole in your pocket, if you let it stay in there a bit longer.
Maybe have a crack with a few mates' scopes at the range.
Good luck.👍

I would love to have that Tagent Theta, I really would! Just don’t have that money. Would love to have one of the March’s but slightly out of budget right now, but I maybe able to swing it. Just came across the Steiner T5XI 3-18x50 and 5-25 if you have thoughts on those.

Also wish I could see what you redacted lol

I would love to have that Tagent Theta, I really would! Just don’t have that money. Would love to have one of the March’s but slightly out of budget right now, but I maybe able to swing it. Just came across the Steiner T5XI 3-18x50 and 5-25 if you have thoughts on those.
I do have thoughts on the T5Xi, worst CA I’ve ever seen in a scope except for sub $500. I’m told they’ve improved since the early days but unless you can see one before you buy I’d be nervous. Sorry, missed your budget point. The Burris XTR III punches above its class but reticle is thin and no illumination. Maybe check with GAP and see how far out the LRHS2 is, but also no illumination. XTR III is going to have quite a bit better FOV. If 6x is not too much at the low end, the AMG is one of the best out, you won’t be disappointed.

Last edited: