• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best Customer Service in the Optics Business

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
I think this is a logical followup to the "Toughest Optic Poll". Participate only if you have first hand experience. You'll only vote for the best but you're most welcome to tell about bad experiences as well.

Customer service defined as:

Warranty Work
Custom Shop Work (if applicable)
Service Work
Other.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Best Customer Service in the Optics Business

nikon was amazing. Guy at the range nocked a sinderblock off of a table hitting my windage know. Snapped it right off. Sent it in to nikon and inside a week had a brand new scope sent out to me no questions asked. Thought that was impressive.

I always put "other" and that's why. I seem to leave some out.

I personally voted for Vortex. Nice folks and the customer service is amazing.

My least favorable experience to date has been with Kahles. Talked to a rep on the phone whose was somewhat helpful but referred me to the website. I emailed my questions but with no reply. I was also told by the rep that they will no longer support any ZF models.

I had good CS from Mueller.

My other scopes are Meopta, Leupold, Sightron, and Nightforce. I bought Meopta, Leupold, and Sightron in part based on their reputation for good CS, but so far haven't needed any support from any of them. I bought a NF because I figured I'd never need any support at all.

Oh yeah, btw I voted "other"

I had a real good experience with Wonder Optics CS. I bought one of their scopes used to try it out. The windage knob had a slight cant to it so I give Matt Wonders a call. He replaced the scope with a new model.

I know this scope isn't on par with the others in this list but it is a good scope for the money and great customer service.

Griff

Other/Nikon :in a nut shell, cracked objective lens, sent in on a Tuesday, received on a Thursday new. Fast, professional, friendly! other then the lens I would not have used warranty work, nor do I feel I would never would have used it!

I voted for Leupold based on the exchange and free upgrade they did for me on one of their spotters

I vote for Nightforce. I did have to send a NXS in once, which they turned around very quickly. However, even above that, I have called them a few times just to ask odds and ends questions. They have always been helpful and don't make you feel stupid because you don't know something which I have experienced in talking with other companies at various times.

I've had good experiences with both Leupold and Premier. Leupold certainly did what was expected when I had a problem. But Premier has gone above and beyond.

In my experience, Sightron has been the best. Leupold and Burris are good as well, but still a notch below the kind of service I have received from the fine folks at Sightron.

Never had a problem so far, think it has something to do with all my scopes and binos are from Schmidt & Bender, Zeiss and Leica.

This is a hard one to vote on. I have S&B, Vortex, IOR, and Swarovski and I haven't had a problem (yet) with any of these brands. I don't think there would be a problem with support for any of these brands. There are many reasons why I decide to buy a particular product, the most important is that I can count on the manufacturer making it right should there be a problem. If there is a premium to pay for the peace of mind then it is worth it to me.

USO was my vote.

I've had free upgrades on used scopes, the owner of the company walk me through work on the scope myself so I didn't have to send in (with the assurance that if I jacked it up I could send it in to be fixed by a pro), amazing credit on a trade in, mounts fixed quickly, BDC turrets made up quickly and at a great price, non-spec turrets made amazingly fast for an unbeatable price, non-stock items made........and I could probably think of more.

The other good-IOR sent me updated turrets for a used scope, upgraded my scope when it went tits up.

Leupold-not so good. I got a free going over and cleaning on a M3 I sent in to have M1 turrets put on it-which they couldn't do, after I verified with three sepereate tech that they could.

My vote was for leupold because you could run the damn scope over and they would give you a new 1. That to me is a warranty not custom options

Nightforce makes you pay for anything that happens to it except for a defect in craftsmanship.

I have never had a uso break so no experiences with warranty repair, but i know they have great customer service and would only imagine the same for warranty work

Here is a list of scope manufactures that have gone above and beyond in customer service for me Nightforce, USO, S&B, Premier, and Leupold.

Mike @ CST

USO built me a new scope with any upgrades I wanted, for no cost, because they
didn't like their design on their old scope. All it needed was the lit reticle repaired.
When you get way more than you could ever hope for without even having to ask...
THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

We all have USO stories that would blow the other guys out of the water, but only USO owners would understant and belive them. Others call us fanboys and move on, call it ignorance, or brand loyalty, but I have yet to see another optics mannufacturer even come close to USO when it comes to taking care of their customers. Sure these other companies are great at fixing their broken scopes, as they should be. USO not only does that, but goes so far beyond that words alone cant explain the level they are on.

USO