• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best deal I have seen in a long time!!!

cramey74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2011
Joplin Mo

Attachments

• screen shot.jpg
    screen shot.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 20
WOW, and I thought 20% off a SS 3-15 was a deal! I'll take 3.

Wonder if he'll take a Nigerian Western Union money order :rolleyes:

Stellar deal! Uninformed buyer trying to re coupe his misspent dollars. I was just about to plunk down my $ on a PST but now you had to show me this gem didn't you.....

I am not a forum member of arf.com so I can't ask him. But could someone ask him if he would take my Nightforce as a trade, plus cash on my side..

I will note without comment that this appears to be a straight-faced listing by someone with over two years on that forum and 25 100% trader reviews.

I will note without comment that this appears to be a straight-faced listing by someone with over two years on that forum and 25 100% trader reviews.

I sent this fella a IM last night and here is his response.....

Attachments

• screen shot 2.jpg
    screen shot 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 16
I'm sure the he like several other folks have not had the opportunity to look through a nf or s& Bender scope. Not gonna knock the guy for his ignorance though. Several folks have been suckered in that not so kool-aid. have between behind all three so I know better. The glad was decent in the one I looked at but that's where I stopped. Notheavy enough, to be a good door stop out anchor, but that amount of $ in Pennies would work better for both purposes....

I sent this fella a IM last night and here is his response.....

Cramey, I hate to lecture you [*LIE*] but that brief exchange would make a great signature line.

How does this scope stack up against a Schmidt & Bender or a Nightforce? I am very interested.

Hi, it is right up there with them. The glass is beautiful. You won't be disappointed trust me. And it is so easy to set. Please let me know.

I'm waiting for Graham to create a PSA like the old anti-drug ads:
This is your brain.
[Insert PMII image]
This is your brain on ARF.
[Insert Counter Sniper image]

Last edited:
With a name like "Counter Sniper" how can you go wrong? All the SWAT shooters have "counter sniper" scopes, right?

This is the scope I want to finish my build. It will match my Choate Ultimate Sniper stock very well. A Counter Sniper scope on top of Ultimate Sniper stock.

I sent another message to this guy requesting pics of this military grade gem.. Here is what I got.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Why call the guy a douche bag and lead him on; is his ad bothering you that much? He probably isn't as well versed as some of us and is just a little ignorant of other stuff that's out there.

Go to a gun show and you'll see 10x worse deals...

Why call the guy a douche bag and lead him on; is his ad bothering you that much? He probably isn't as well versed as some of us and is just a little ignorant of other stuff that's out there.

Go to a gun show and you'll see 10x worse deals...

1. I called him a "Douche Bag" because he is one

2. I am leading him on for your amusement. (sorry you don't think it is funny)

3. Well versed? this guy would not know his ass from a hole in the ground.

4. A little ignorant? I would say he is dumber than a box of fuqin hammers!

5. I have been to many gun shows.

Well too fuckin late ladies, I snatched it up. You snooze you lose. $700 is a steal for a Schmidt-Bender quality scope with adamantium coated lenses. Keep your eyes on the classifieds, I may put it up for sale later at a slight mark up.

Werd up!

Well too fuckin late ladies, I snatched it up. You snooze you lose. $700 is a steal for a Schmidt-Bender quality scope with adamantium coated lenses. Keep your eyes on the classifieds, I may put it up for sale later at a slight mark up.

Werd up!

You BASTARD!!!!! I was fixin' to offer him some "Ninja Grade" throwing knives as trade, with $'s on my end of course.

His response to our local fisherman sounded like he thought he was well versed on S&B quality.

The asking for pics, however, isn't my style and strikes me as too much. On the other hand, jumping over a moving car head first isn't my thing either. Yet I'm pretty sure I laughed when I saw that YouTube stunt go Darwin.

Last edited:
A friend of mine bought one of these years back, before I knew him.
When I saw it mounted on his Remmy 700, I tried to think of a way to let him down easy.
He doesn't have much disposable income so the loss would have hit him hard.
I sold it for him on eBay, and did my best not to lie to potential buyers; I did not claim it was the best scope ever made.
I represented it as a used scope in like new condition being sold at a significant discount compared to new.
There was no way I was going to list it on any forums.
I hope the buyer was oblivious and happy with his purchase... my friend netted $670 or so from the sale and I got him a used DMR with mildot reticle for $875 (!!!) here on the Hide.

Honestly I feel awful for anyone duped into buying one of these POS but maybe I saved the guy that bought my friend's scope the $250 more he would have thrown away if he bought a new one.

Personally I'd like to see Dark Ops holding run out of business.

Joe

I wonder if we'd get banned if like 15 or more of us posted "I'll take it" over there at the same time and then ignored his contacts for payment. It would be worth simple negative feedback. Seems douche-y but then again...

I'm amazed what still goes on in the age of the Internet. Maybe people ignore the tools at their disposal when they are desperate to believe.

Thanks Aimless, that thread was surreal. After the Hide was basically called the playground of poseurs and some Hide member was bad mouthed and personally attacked he defended himself -- mildly -- and was banned for personally attacking the people who bad mouthed him by telling them they're wrong. I guess it was punishment for: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting.../24407-counter-sniper-scopes-review-test.html Some games are rigged ahead of time and you just can't win.

Edit: For those who don't want to read it, and assuming I'm remembering correctly, the thread Aimless linked included a lot of support for CS scopes and claims they are GTG because someone shot 100 rounds with one and it held zero; not everyone is a fanboy on SH who has more money than knowledge and can afford crazy expensive scopes [note that Bushnell Tactical Elites, for example, get the general thumbs up here and some models are in the CS price range]; they are made in New York, not China; read reviews from people who have actually used a CS and not some idiots on the Hide who have never even used one and you'll learn CS are the real deal; and Counter Sniper scopes are as good as Nightforce.

And since I've never used a CS I'm just going to say that I've now learned that there are people who have done research and actually own a CS scope and think it is the dog's bollocks, so what do I know? YMMV

Last edited:
Thanks Aimless, that thread was surreal. After the Hide was basically called the playground of poseurs and some Hide member was bad mouthed and personally attacked he defended himself -- mildly -- and was banned for personally attacking the people who bad mouthed him by telling them they're wrong. I guess it was punishment for: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting.../24407-counter-sniper-scopes-review-test.html Some games are rigged ahead of time and you just can't win.

Edit: For those who don't want to read it, and assuming I'm remembering correctly, the thread Aimless linked included a lot of support for CS scopes and claims they are GTG because someone shot 100 rounds with one and it held zero; not everyone is a fanboy on SH who has more money than knowledge and can afford crazy expensive scopes [note that Bushnell Tactical Elites, for example, get the general thumbs up here and some models are in the CS price range]; they are made in New York, not China; read reviews from people who have actually used a CS and not some idiots on the Hide who have never even used one and you'll learn CS are the real deal; and Counter Sniper scopes are as good as Nightforce.

And since I've never used a CS I'm just going to say that I've now learned that there are people who have done research and actually own a CS scope and think it is the dog's bollocks, so what do I know? YMMV

You may have just stumbled upon the chemical formula for their Bertrillium-Zantitium coating... it's chemical vapor deposition (CVD) dog bollocks!
Thanks for solving the mystery!

Joe

I remember the first time I picked up a Counter Sniper scope. I remember thinking about the scope on my pellet gun when I was 8 yrs old and how similar both the turrets and glass were. Anyone selling Counter Sniper should be ashamed of their selves.

I am so glad I read this, I'm going to find a scope just like this, sell my USO. I can even sell my extra ammo which I won't need anymore because the Counter Sniper scope will magically make my bullet hit the target every time. I'll save so much money on the darn practice ammo!!!!!! And now I can afford my Health Insurance of which I have to have by Dec 23rd. Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Can't find the pic that goes with this.
"Yo dawg, we heard you like mil-dot reticles, so we put reticles on your reticle so you can aim your scope while you're aiming your scope."

1911fan

Well I received another e-mail from the seller in question. I tried to let him down easy by saying I did some research and could only find negative comments about Counter Sniper. Here is his response-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 17
I guess the CS scope maker looks at reticules like crabs, you can't have just one.

Perhaps we might want to acknowledge that most all the gun rags lead people around like pedophiles with candy on a play ground. Look in the tactical-shmactical rags and you find all sorts of generally redundant stuff, often very high priced, that they say everyone just absolutely has to have. The term "counter sniper" is tossed around quite a lot in them, especially where product descriptions is concerned. For me "counter sniper" means JDAM but I doubt all think that way. Non military types get a lot, if not most, of their info from magazines, the web, and friends. If they read it on the web, saw in a magazine, and listened to their friend that had no first hand at all with the product, it must be true, yes? That gets worse when they visit distributor web sites that extoll the extremely high virtues of every product in their brand and price diverse inventory.

I have yet to see a vendor site that told the truth about the crap products they sell. They have to know how bad some of the are yet they give them "star" ratings with 4.5 out of 5 stars. I don't know how to fix advertising that misleading but what it does is take a lot of money from people looking for a reasonable quality optic, giving them a POS product while leaving the customer with empty pockets and no remaining finances to correct the situation once they figure out they were had.

Last edited:
Yeah, after reading this thread I google "Counter Sniper Scope Reviews" and that thread is what came up. It was eerily similar in reading and "feel" to a Gecko45 thread. Spooky.

Well I received another e-mail from the seller in question. I tried to let him down easy by saying I did some research and could only find negative comments about Counter Sniper. Here is his response-

But does he dial elevation?

whats with the counter sniper hard on around here? ive only seen one and it wasnt that bad for a cheap scope, in the $300 range i believe? i wish id taken a better look while i had the chance.. is there a personal beef with that company around this site or what? its like the cool thing to do around here.. i even went as far as to research counter sniper, after seeing so many people gang bang them.. there really isnt any info out there about them, just random threads with people doing this? ive never seen an internet black out like this before, people around this site HATE counter sniper for some reason? is this a genius "counter" marketing scheme? out of curiosity, how many in this thread have actually used one and have first hand experience? have all of you had a bad experience or are you regurgitating what youve read? i couldnt even find any reviews on the products, only snipers hide and ar15.com hits, on threads like this? id assume if there was problems with those scopes id find threads with people who own them and are having trouble, but not so much... this makes me really want to check one out, just to see what the big deal is! lol.. they must be bad on a whole new level, barska and bsa make them look low grade?
hey cramey, did you have a bad experience with that company, or are you just trying to fit in? you really seem to be taking time to mess with that dude, boring life? even calling him a douche bag? does it make you feel cool? lol..

whats with the counter sniper hard on around here? ive only seen one and it wasnt that bad for a cheap scope, in the $300 range i believe? i wish id taken a better look while i had the chance.. is there a personal beef with that company around this site or what? its like the cool thing to do around here.. i even went as far as to research counter sniper, after seeing so many people gang bang them.. there really isnt any info out there about them, just random threads with people doing this? ive never seen an internet black out like this before, people around this site HATE counter sniper for some reason? is this a genius "counter" marketing scheme? out of curiosity, how many in this thread have actually used one and have first hand experience? have all of you had a bad experience or are you regurgitating what youve read? i couldnt even find any reviews on the products, only snipers hide and ar15.com hits, on threads like this? id assume if there was problems with those scopes id find threads with people who own them and are having trouble, but not so much... this makes me really want to check one out, just to see what the big deal is! lol.. they must be bad on a whole new level, barska and bsa make them look low grade?
hey cramey, did you have a bad experience with that company, or are you just trying to fit in? you really seem to be taking time to mess with that dude, boring life? even calling him a douche bag? does it make you feel cool? lol..

Hmmmmm

Last edited:

What are you, some sort of guy who needs to personally get behind the wheel of a Yugo before you'll believe it just isn't worth the money -- even if it isn't that much money?

And you've done searches for reviews? I posted one in this very thread and you missed it. Does it make you feel cool to talk out your arse? Oh yeah, "lol..."

you guys look like kids on an airsoft forum... i did see your link cartman, its one of the few online and it wasnt even really a review.... more like a temper tantrum. "What are you, some sort of guy who needs to personally get behind the wheel of a Yugo before you'll believe it just isn't worth the money" what are you, one of the others who jump off a bridge? my questions have been answered.
carry on!

Graham is right, we have a lot of people around now who know everything.

Enjoy your Counter Sniper Kynd, I'm sure it's all the scope you'll need.

Sure seems like a lot of shills out there on the internet posting for CS.

Kynd, I have handled a Counter Sniper in person. It was a piece of shit being passed off as something it isn't. That's why people have a hard on for them here. It's not that they're pieces of shit, its that they're pushed so hard as "military grade" and "the best, most advanced" and they are clearly not. From the goofy ass marking on the scope about over-run this and that to cheap crappy feeling turrets and the convoluted reticle design that was obviously made to look cool to people who don't know any better. Look at their fuckin marketing and tell me it doesn't seem PT Barnum-ish. "There's a sucker born every minute"

I have handled a Counter Sniper.. I said so a few posts ago when I said "the optic on my pellet gun I had when I was 8 yrs old was about par on quality".

Last edited:
If it wasn't a scope worth looking at, why is it being discussed on this site.....

thats kind of what catches my attention msat... i dont see people attacking barska or ncstar the same way? we all know theyre junk, why would we waste our time bad mouthing them? but then theres counter sniper... people go ape shit if the name is mentioned? youll even get stalkers, obviously... i havent seen their advertising, so i dont know what thats about, but i assume it has to do with all the writing on the scope, about military stuff? is that what has everyone wound up? im not defending counter sniper, it just seems odd how people really get into bad mouthing them? did the company stiff a bunch of people, not warranty stuff, etc? it just seems like this issue is personal, too many people saying the same vague complaints. "theyre junk!" and "fuck you if you dont agree!" lol.. its hilarious! i cant even ask a question about why the hatred exists, just insults in response. makes me doubt the issue because the authors seem questionable.. rye was cool and tried to answer my question, but cartman and cramey seem tarded...

thats kind of what catches my attention msat... i dont see people attacking barska or ncstar the same way? we all know theyre junk, why would we waste our time bad mouthing them? but then theres counter sniper... people go ape shit if the name is mentioned? youll even get stalkers, obviously... i havent seen their advertising, so i dont know what thats about, but i assume it has to do with all the writing on the scope, about military stuff? is that what has everyone wound up? im not defending counter sniper, it just seems odd how people really get into bad mouthing them? did the company stiff a bunch of people, not warranty stuff, etc? it just seems like this issue is personal, too many people saying the same vague complaints. "theyre junk!" and "fuck you if you dont agree!" lol.. its hilarious! i cant even ask a question about why the hatred exists, just insults in response. makes me doubt the issue because the authors seem questionable.. rye was cool and tried to answer my question, but cartman and cramey seem tarded...

My replying to the guys post was merely to see what kind of pitch he was going to give me to close the deal and pass that TURD on to me (An experiment if you will). Barska and NCStar do not advertise their products "built to military standards" or "built to defend liberty". You see Kynd, I sorta view most of the fellas' & ladies on this site as above average in both intelligence and experience. When I see a Counter Sniper scope for sale on a forum I laugh to myself and think "holy shit what a dumbass!", and I want to share my experience with like minded folks. I think maybe you bought a Counter Sniper at some point and when I called the fella that tried to tell me he has owned many "high end scopes" a DOUCHE BAG because the CS was his all time favorite, it put you in the same douche canoe with him. I'm sorry I offended you in the process but you have to understand that I don't owe you any other explanation.

I think RyeDaddy hit the nail on the head. Counter Sniper is met with such vitriol due to the outrageous claims they make for their products. All of their marketing seems directed towards uninformed buyers and can be considered fraudulent at best. If anyone dares to push the issue further, do a Google search for Bertrillium-Zantitium. The entire first page is littered with references to Counter Sniper. I can assure you neither of the two substances are listed on the periodic table of the elements.

Are you all telling me that Counter Sniper isn't a military grade optic? It has the word sniper in the name of the scope, AND it as the word military printed on the scope!! Seems legit...

Msat10, is your point that Counter Sniper scopes must be good because they're discussed on this site? Or is your point that if something is not good it shouldn't be discussed on this site even if that means site members end up buying something they're wasting their money on? We also discus brow guards here and there are NUMEROUS pictures of obscenely obese women -- if you don't think those things are worth looking at maybe you should contact the site administrators and demand they no longer be discussed here? Or do you think they're worth looking at?

Kynd, so you won't have to worry about me complaining about being insulted, I've prepared something I encourage you to put in your signature line. Don't be shy, embrace what you stand for.

Kynd's new signature line: "I have first-hand knowledge that Counter Sniper scopes are well suited to making first round hits by those engaged in long range precision shooting because they have turrets and erector systems that track perfectly and reliably. Your money will be well spent and you won't be disappointed. Hide member Cartman is retarded because he makes fun of Counter Sniper scopes and he's never even used one!"

Man up and wear it proudly!

I think RyeDaddy hit the nail on the head. Counter Sniper is met with such vitriol due to the outrageous claims they make for their products. All of their marketing seems directed towards uninformed buyers and can be considered fraudulent at best. If anyone dares to push the issue further, do a Google search for Bertrillium-Zantitium. The entire first page is littered with references to Counter Sniper. I can assure you neither of the two substances are listed on the periodic table of the elements.

CoonsMD, I am professionally licensed and have a degree with the word "doctor" in it, but I'm afraid I am "tarded" and so are you. It says right on the box "The World's Finest Military Optical Gunsights." I feel stupid for even questioning them, and so should you.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bVW5-F242Yo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Plus, you guys are forgetting the real tacticool photos of real mean guys holding scarey silenced assault rifles. So I'm sold, I'm selling my USO now, I may even trade it even.

I can't believe someone stepped up that fast. I need to save up some money first, can you give me a few weeks maybe a month or so. I still need to buy my government required health insurance....

^^^^I'll trade you my CS for your USO. You'll need to add $$ on top though.

Can't find the pic that goes with this.
"Yo dawg, we heard you like mil-dot reticles, so we put reticles on your reticle so you can aim your scope while you're aiming your scope."

1911fan

That is pure Gold!