• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Deburring tool??

chavezz556

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
Panhandle of Idaho
I've always used the simple Lee cone shaped deburring tool. It does the inside well but has always been lackluster on the outside of the neck.

So I purchased a Hornady to do the outside of the necks, and it seems like it works too well and takes off more material that I'm used to.

Any ideas? Am I reading into it too much?

BTW I'm using peterson and starline brass getting 1/2 MOa/ SD's in the single digits while using the Lee tool.

Thanks,

Reactions: Scott P.
My RCBS was made by Wilson and has worked well for decades. I also have a nice VLD tool from Sinclair that works well. Try using less pressure. Your new tool is probably sharper and better steel than your old one.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
The case is chucked in the drill.
Yeah but you have to unscrew and retighten every single case, better than both by hand but still slow, did it like that for years myself. Get the cutter motorized and you don’t have to chuck up shit every case, takes 1/3 the time.

They will all do about the same thing, the only way to really improve it is to lessen the time per operation.

Even better is a three way cutter so that you can trim chamfer and deburr all at the same time.

Yeah but you have to unscrew and retighten every single case, better than both by hand but still slow, did it like that for years myself. Get the cutter motorized and you don’t have to chuck up shit every case, takes 1/3 the time.

They will all do about the same thing, the only way to really improve it is to lessen the time per operation.

Even better is a three way cutter so that you can trim chamfer and deburr all at the same time.

well it's already chucked up to trim it, but I see what you're saying

I have an old Wilson one that was made for RCBS in the 70's. It works better than a more recent RCBS one I bought.

The absolute best? Giraud Power Trimmer. Trim, chamfer, debur consistently every single time.

Reactions: bax