• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best die $ can buy?

cattle buyer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2008
NE Decatur Co, SW GA
After 30+ years shooting factory ammo I'm gonna get back into reloading,I have a Bonanza Co Ax press,most dies have been loaned out over hells half acre.I do not mind paying for good hardware once,I chase the "one hole" who makes the very best dies now,Ill be reloading .223rem, .223wssm, .220 swift,.243 win.,.25wssm,.308win.,.30-06,.300win mag. Thank goodness I have saved all brass and have 3 5gal buckets of once fired brass in the boxes they came in.Ill be reloading for precision. very best edit I forgot to include my .22-250

Re: Best die $ can buy?

Opinions vary. Jones, Harrell and other custom makers. IMO, Redding makes the best production die, although I'm not sure anyone could tell the difference between Redding and Forester on the target.

If these are all hunting rounds, the Forster dies are the best available. Forster's seater design is equalled by Redding's mic die. If you want a bushing FL sizer, Redding.

You will pay nearly twice as much for Forster's standard dies, but they are superior in design and implementation. Equalled only by Redding in quality for production dies.

If you have custom-chambered barrels for target work, then you may be interested in taking a different approach. Suggested reading is Glen Zediker's <span style="text-decoration: underline">Handloading for Competition</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like Redding. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cattle buyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> After 30+ years shooting factory ammo I'm gonna get back into reloading,I have a Bonanza Co Ax press,most dies have been loaned out over hells half acre.I do not mind paying for good hardware once,I chase the "one hole" who makes the very best dies now,Ill be reloading .223rem, .223wssm, .220 swift,.243 win.,.25wssm,.308win.,.30-06,.300win mag. Thank goodness I have saved all brass and have 3 5gal buckets of once fired brass in the boxes they came in.Ill be reloading for precision. very best edit I forgot to include my .22-250 </div></div>

WOW, you're going to be busy!. I perfer my Redding dies over others.

After the first set of Redding dies I bought, I have bought two more and don't for see buying any other brand.