• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Die Sets for 300NM or "Non-Mainstream" Dies worth looking at

CasperTheFriendlyGhost

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 19, 2023
Traveling
Well, as the title says. I'm wondering if there are any die sets worth looking at outside of like Redding Competition or RCBS. I'm looking into getting a Micrometer die setup, but I don't know what I don't know. So I'm just wondering if there are brands/names that are worth searching for the 300NM world that wouldn't necessarily come up in a standard internet search or just me typing in 300NM dies in the search function here. I have searched but I've just seen the kind of standard names, and I've looked at the big reloading websites and just seen the same mainstream dies. 😅

I'm fine with using "mainstream dies," obviously they work great which is why they're mainstream, just wondering if there is anything else I should look at before I pull the trigger! Thank you!! :)

Micron at Bullet Central is worth looking at. Whidden are also great. I have both. Whidden allows for custom neck tension. Micron sizes tighter at the base.

Reactions: ShootnFool8
So is Whidden just the way to go?
Whidden makes a good product. I have a couple sets. I have also had good luck with older redding dies with neck bushings. Forster also makes bushing dies and used to offer custom neck honing on their FL sizing dies. I don't know if they still do.

So is Whidden just the way to go?

I use Whidden for my 300 PRC and 6 BRA. I like their products and they're very consistent. They will also make custom dies - ordered a couple of those. I use an LE Wilson for my 308 and like it a lot as well (I like all their gear quite a bit).

I've had my share of mainstream dies - done with those.