• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Dies for .338 Norma along with other associated equipment.

m1a convert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2003
Idaho Falls
I have reloaded a lot of 5.56 and 9mm for high volume shooting. Thus far all the precision stuff I have shot has been factory Blackhills and Hornady. I have a .338 Norma barrel on its way for my AXMC and need to start loading for it. My single stage equipment is pretty basic. Balance scale, Rockchucker etc.

What are the best dies for this caliber. This forum has a good thread on precision reloading but the Redding Benchrest dies (the recommendation) aren't available for this caliber. Should I just get the standard dies?

What other items should I get for reloading these? I am planning on getting a Hornady bullet comparator. Is it worth getting a bullet pointer? I will be loading these in Lapua cases. I am at the 4th stage of competence on this. Unconsciously Incompetent. There are things that I don't know that I don't even know that I should know.

Thanks for everyones patience.

Last edited: