• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best dies for 338 ultra mag?

hunter81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
HOME
What are the best dies possible for 338 ultra mag Redding, Foster, Rcbs.? Are competition dies worth the $300?

Re: Best dies for 338 ultra mag?

My choice would be the Redding Type-S Match Full Die Set. Should run around $150 - $160. According to my info, Forster doesn't furnish dies in your caliber.

If you're hunting, you can get by with less. For the best possible, you can get a sizing die made to match your chamber. Use the Redding micrometer seater.

+1 on the Redding Type-S Die Set, It's the only type rifle dies I will buy.

think about the money for cheaper you could get a nice set of rcbs i have used rcbs dies for years reloading as small as 22 hornet all the way to a 416 rigby the main guns i reload with the dies are a remington model 700 7mm mag and a ruger hawk eye m77 338 ultra mag and the dies run about 60 to 70 bucks spending the extra money aint needed

Standard Redding 3 die set works fine for my .5moa hunting rifle.

+2 for Redding Type-S Die Set.
Adam sells them
Bauer Arms
545 Eagle Lake Road S
Big Lake, MN 55309