• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best dies for 6.5 Creedmoor?

I’ve had my best results from Forster FL dies, with the necks honed to my spec by them. If you know what diameter you want the neck honed to, you can order that when you order the die. If not, you can send it back to them once you get it figured out. For seaters, I like the Forster benchrest seater with their micrometer seating stem.
John

There are many fantastic options. Some can be found here on the PX.
Ive used:
  • Redding Type S Match
  • Forster
  • Whidden
They all work great. Most guys around here make a pass with a FL bushing die w/o the button for resizing and then a second pass through a mandrel to set neck tension. If you plan on using Lapua Brass (or some other higher end manufacturer) then a custom honed die is a great option.

Reactions: BiggBeans
I’m a fan of Lee collet/Redding body combo. Use this for 6.5/260/308/300

For my 300 PRC I’ll be using Redding type s bushing and 21st century mandrel

Really depends on how deep you want to get into it.
You can load very accurate ammunition with the Lee Ultimate 4 die set, they work well, especially if you are on a budget.
You can't dial in specifics as you can with other dies.
I have one set of Hornady dies that I'm quite happy with.
RCBS makes a pretty good die set and you can go up from there.
Best answer is to buy the best you can afford.

I've been all over the space. Right now I've settled on Redding Type S (w/ Short Action Customs bushing) + 21st Century Expander Mandrel for my sizing operations. Forster micrometer for seating.

Might try L.E. Wilson Bushing FL dies and Redding micro seater dies if the opportunity presents itself.

Reactions: Drbobinmo
It's hard to beat the precision and flexibility of the Redding Type-S Bushing Dies ... I use them with very consistent results.

Short action customs is what I’m planning to switch to right now I’m using Redding comp dies with good success

been using Redding Type S bushing dies. And then running a mandrel after sizing. Has been working well for me. Im sure the SAC dies are pretty nice. But so far the Redding dies have done everything i need.

Good info here im getting ready to start reloading rifle as well

Having very good results with honed Forster FL die, mandrel, and Forster micrometer seating die.

Reactions: marchboom
Ah, the ones that are in stock? Haha. Sorry, I couldn’t help it.

I’m running Redding and see no issue w them but I don’t have the comparative experience that others here do.

I use Redding for most of what I reload. I have 7 sets of them. I use RCBS small base dies for my AR 10 and AR 15. I have a set of Type S Bushing dies for sale. If interested PM me.

Redding type S bushing die has done the trick for me.
If you want to go full retard you can add a mandrel to your reloading process.

I used Redding Type S with a mandrel and had really good results with it. I recently switched to the SAC die to incorporate the mandrel into one step and results are just as good if not better. Either should work very well for you, but the one step SAC is just that much nicer.