• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best everyday tactical pants?

Re: Best everyday tactical pants?

IMHO Propper sucks ass, I really like Tru-Spec, and the 511s I have had wore well.

$17 Wrangler cargo pants from Wal-Mart

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a couple 5.11 FUBAR Tactical pants (non elastic version) and like them a lot. (Order 1 size larger than normal though)

And they are under $15 each http://www.lapolicegear.com/fubar-tactical-pant.html </div></div>
these are what i have. i really like them, super comfortable and cheap to boot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$17 Wrangler cargo pants from Wal-Mart </div></div>

I have no need for "tactical" pants one way or the other...but I wear various pairs of those Wranglers all the time - cheap, wear really well, etc. Nuff said...

My daily pants are from CAT (the bull dozer company) they make a great pair of pants with good pleated cargo pockets. EASILY the best pant design i've come across in a long time.

Got two pairs of pants and a pair of shorts all in the same design, been flogging them for almost 2 years now. Not a single issue.

Have a geeze here..
http://www.constructiongear.com/mens-work-pants.html

all those companies that sell "Tactical" pants are full of BS.

the 15 dollar cargo pants I got at old navy seemed to work just fine.

If your worried about sharp looks or a name brand your a tool.

Blackhawk Warrior Wear, hands down....

Their Lightweight series is the best all around IMHO. I have used them in extreme hot and cold. Great choice. The regular cotton WW version is nice too. I wear them both equally. I like them much better than the 5.11 Taclite pants. FWIW, 5.11 and Warrior Wear sell about equally on my site.

Wal-Mart Wranglers are another great pair of pants is your on a budget, cotton only though.

Dont forget the tactical break away undies. Bathroom breaks not required.

pants1.jpg

I need some with velcro tear-away. Would 5.11 or blackhawk be the more tactical choice? Which holds more dollar bills?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all those companies that sell "Tactical" pants are full of BS.

the 15 dollar cargo pants I got at old navy seemed to work just fine.

If your worried about sharp looks or a name brand your a tool.

</div></div>

+1

I wear 5.11's three days out of the week and I like the Old Navy ones just as much, and they are half the price.

Wrangler Carpenter Jeans during the chilly months.
LA Police Gear "Operator" pants during the hot months.

I don't need them for the "tactical" features. More for the comfort. Little more crotch room and tight enough in the waist to stabilize my holster. I also need the room for the iPhone in it's Otterbox case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Little more crotch room </div></div>

Spoken like a true Marine
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont forget the tactical break away undies. Bathroom breaks not required.

pants1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a tactical diaper?

In the winter the flannel 5.11 tactical pants are the best pants I have ever worn. They rule.

Yeah, sure, regular old cargo pants will do the job in a pinch, but as I tell my wife, "Any pair of pants without an extra magazine pocket 'aint worth shit."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rebelmatt79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just order some 5.11 Tactlite Pro for great price and get a free belt and bailout bag. I love kind of deals.

www.lapolicegear.com </div></div>

Was looking at those last night and really want to order a pair but couldn't decide on sizing. Does anyone know if they are generally a loose fit? Too many years of leg workouts when I was younger has still left me with big legs.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont forget the tactical break away undies. Bathroom breaks not required.

pants1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a tactical diaper?</div></div>

LOL. Give the people what they want, is my motto.

Riggs from Wrangler are made out of some tough material that holds up for everyday use. Cabela's has them on sale fairly often.

Started wearing 5.11s as my regular duty pants at work and they've really held up well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin7714</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5.11's work great for me. and you can get them cheap. </div></div>
+1

i got 5.11 pro pants, and they are hard to beat

I like 5.11 and the LA Police Gear pants also. Hold up nice even when put through the dirt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Riggs from Wrangler are made out of some tough material that holds up for everyday use. Cabela's has them on sale fairly often. </div></div>

+1

Woolrich Tactical Elite and Elite light weight. These run true to size and are extremely durable.

Ive had good luck with regular cargo pants made by Columbia, but if you need more pockets I would recommend Tru spec 24-7 pants, theyre built with thicker material and have like a billion pockets.

Have half a dozen 5.11 pants and twice that many 5.11 shorts and have a lot of shooting and wear on them (and Royal Robbins).

They are pretty much the only ones I buy, can't beat them.

I forgot, most have a vertical pocket on the front which is good for a pistol mag while shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would like to find ones that have "canadian" style buttons ass opposed to thread...they just seem to last longer.... </div></div>

check out tad, they use the "canadian" or slotted style buttons on their pants. not cheap, but very well made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would like to find ones that have "canadian" style buttons ass opposed to thread...they just seem to last longer.... </div></div>

check out tad, they use the "canadian" or slotted style buttons on their pants. not cheap, but very well made. </div></div>

I have some TAD pants.....that is the problem, would like some of the design without the shell shock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roadwild17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question on the LA police gear FUBAR pants, how do they run size wise in the thigh area and waste? </div></div>

Yeah.. I'd like to know also. I perfer a baggier pant with plenty of room to move and get air. I prefer a mid to lightweight pant that is comfortable to just lounge in as well as run matches in..

Go 1 waist size bigger on the Fubar's and you'll be fine. They are a tad smaller and will shrink a bit with washing. I have large thighs and have no issues even without the 1 size larger in the thigh area. Only waist seems to be the main issue with these.

FWIW, the 5.11 pants (I have 3 pair) seem to fade pretty drastically, and the cotton/canvas material seems to tear more easily than I would like. In particular the side bellows pockets almost seem to reach out, snag and then tear. The fit, pockets and belt loop locations are excellent.

Cheers,

DC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eddie bauer sometimes has some nice ripstop stuff... </div></div>

I got a few pair of their ripstop pants at an outlet.. wish I could find more but my search has come up dry.