• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best FFP 1-6 LPVO

jakelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2011
    Norman, OK
    Looking for the best options at all price points. Not interested in SFP options. I have a SWFA 1-6, but would like something brighter. Weight is a factor, I don’t really want a 25oz pig. Curious about the Vudu and I’m not sure what else is out there.

have you thought about the 1-10x march shorty?

Reactions: JDB55
    I’m open to it, I passed on a seriously cheap one months ago, mostly because I don’t want to pay a large up-charge for 10x (same w GenIII Vortex). Are they nuclear bright?

Check out the New Primary Arms 1-8x24 PLxC "Compact" FFP. On preorder currently.

I honestly love the 1-6 range and FFP. I would use the SWFA exclusively if it was nuclear bright. I’ll check out the new Primary Arms.

I’m open to it, I passed on a seriously cheap one months ago, mostly because I don’t want to pay a large up-charge for 10x (same w GenIII Vortex). Are they nuclear bright?
    i wish i could tell you firsthand, but i am a poor. i read they are bright, but not geniii razor bright.

I honestly love the 1-6 range. For me when you hit 10x you’re talking about a different scope. Shoot, I would rather have 1-4 than 1-10. Just sayin.

FFP in a 1-6 is a waste IMHO. You use a 50/200 zero and everything inside 200 is a little hold off center. Past 200 you will be on 6x most all the time so you can use the reticle. The 1-10x is where I see FFP being useful.

Thanks @Rob01 I’ve read your comments to that same effect in other posts. I appreciate your perspective and in a lot of ways I agree. I hunt coyotes and pigs at night, I want the reticle correct at any mag for leads, I don’t always have time to go to 6x, sometimes I just bump it up and let ‘em rip.

Reactions: Rob01
    i don't think the market place has what ur after in the 1-6 range.

all the "newest" stuff is higher mag range.

personally i'd like an exposed turret, mrad based reticle with adjustable parallax on a 18oz 1-6 that was nuclear bright.

• Love
    Reactions: jakelly
    1-6 SFP is fine as long as you only use it like an Elcan (1 or 6 vs 1-6). I've seen so many damn misses at distance from guys who rolled to 4 or 5x and their drops are all off.

personally i'd like an exposed turret, mrad based reticle with adjustable parallax on a 18oz 1-6 that was nuclear bright.
    If you’re the same guy as on 24hr, you caused this problem by not selling me your 3-9. Hahaha

You really don’t need adjustable parallax at 6x

1-6 SFP is fine as long as you only use it like an Elcan (1 or 6 vs 1-6). I've seen so many damn misses at distance from guys who rolled to 4 or 5x and their drops are all off.
    Yeah, I’m LH so I have to run my hand all the way across my face to get to 6x. I often just wack it up and drive on.

Is that one made by LOW ? Wonder how it compares to the vudu
    Yeah it is I believe, it looks promising spec wise and people who have looked at it so far(very few) are saying it's really nice. It's a "Shorty" at about 9.2ish inches, 16.9 ounces, but the FOV is like 121 feet at 100 yards which is massive and the reticle looks really promising for a FFP at 1x from what I can see. My brother in law may be purchasing it soon, if so I'll post my thoughts on it once I get behind it.

This is it at the beginning of this video, through the scope you can see the reticle with the traditional "cross hairs" with the acss in the middle at 1x. Seems pretty brilliant. We'll see.

Reactions: st1650
    I had similar requirements and landed on the SAI6 1-6. Digin’ it so far. Shot it out to 600 yards. Glass is great, reticle is only daylight visible but I really like how the four bullet points bring your eye to center

Reactions: JDB55 and jakelly
    I had similar requirements and landed on the SAI6 1-6. Digin’ it so far. Shot it out to 600 yards. Glass is great, reticle is only daylight visible but I really like how the four bullet points bring your eye to center
    Heard essentially the same from my friend. My gripes would be it’s not particularly bright and I don’t want a BDC reticle, but there’s really no “perfect” scope in the LPVO space.

2nd the SAI, just mounted my second one in a repitilia mount with 90 degree piggybacked rmr, works well....

Looking for the best options at all price points. Not interested in SFP options. I have a SWFA 1-6, but would like something brighter. Weight is a factor, I don’t really want a 25oz pig. Curious about the Vudu and I’m not sure what else is out there.
    Trijicon VCOG??
    They also offer the 1-6 Credo in both SFP and FFP

Has anyone looked through a Meopta Optika 6 1-6? SFP or FFP at 20.4 ounces. Lots of reticles. Turrets on the FFP seem a little large.

Has anyone looked through a Meopta Optika 6 1-6? SFP or FFP at 20.4 ounces. Lots of reticles. Turrets on the FFP seem a little large.

I haven't looked through it with my own eyes but all the reviews are the reticle brightness is abysmal. Not daylight visible, just dusk and night. Now the Meopta Meostar R2 SFP 1-6x24 is supposed to be really nice, nuclear bright with great euro glass but it's gonna be $1,500-1,600

That SAI looks pretty spot on. Probably going to have to do something about that turret, but that’s pretty sweet. Seems a little like an SWFA +P. From the sounds of it the March would be Numero Uno if it stopped at 6x, but isn’t that par for th course for March? Make the world’s best 3-15 Hunting Hybrid and then ruin it by making it a 24x.

Personally I love my leuopold marks 6. I have four of them. First focal plane lightweight I like the BDC reticle. Mine are illuminated the only downside I ever heard was it the adjustments could be off I always hold over so it’s a non-issue for me but everyone says if you send it back to Lupe they make it right

Last edited: