• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Folding Stock Chassis

Following. I have the same question as I decide my next buildout.

The KRG Whiskey 3 chassis is BY FAR the best folding system I've used, to date. It uses a dual hinge system and locks in both open and closed. By spreading the load/wear over 2 hinges it reduces the likelihood of misalignment due to wear in the mechanisms. While the MDT and SB Tactical system locked up tight, I prefer the KRG system a touch more. I still own the SB Tactical folder because of its design (locked open/ closed) Although, with as many quality companies putting out quality parts I wouldn't be afraid to use any products from well known manufacturers. I can offer 1 pice of advice.... AVOID CHINESE-MADE FOLDING MECHANISMS. They use substandard materials and specs... I purchased 1 to test myself and it was terrible.

not a uber lightweight option but a full chassis is approaching weight of what Manners folders are. I willing be using the XLR carbon chassis with folder adapter for the coming months for a review later in the year after I get some more time behind it. After using a XLR element all last summer/fall I am pretty sold on the folding stock for my long (24"+) barreled rifles.

While 3.6 pounds isn't exactly light, even putting a 27" barreled rifle with Sendero contour still comes in at around 8.75 pounds for the rifle.

I have XLR Envy Pro and Cadex Lite Competition..... between these two it's Cadex all the way

Reactions: Sagittarius
I have an MDT LSS XL gen2 chassis with a folder adapter also from MDT, and a XLR TR-2 as the carbine butt stock. Set up is sweet however I am not a fan of the folder. Every single time I shoot the retaining nut for the folding adapter becomes ever so loose creating the tiniest but most annoying amount of play with the butt stock. Aka no go. Keep in mind this is a .300 Weatherby magnum but with a mean directional brake. After today I’m done with the adapter. I like folders but this one clearly can’t cut it not sure what else to do but remove it entirely.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Another KRG w3 fan here. The MPA and XLR versions I played with were plenty solid and dependable, but the added LOP screwed me. The folder is a must for me hunting with a 24" tube and 7" suppressor on the end

Attachments

• 5R2.jpg
    5R2.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 330