• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best GAP rifle for tactical matches.

Brandon7766

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
I've been looking at the crusader. Any other models best suited for tactical out to 1k?

Re: Best GAP rifle for tactical matches.

Mine. It's in the for sale forum.
grin.gif

They have 3 .260 crusaders ready to ship...... That'd be badass.

It's hard to beat that Templar,especially for the price.

Crusader will work great but does it work for you? That's the good part about a custom rifle maker in that you can build the rifle you want with the features and parts you want. If the Crusader fits your needs then go for it but if you wanted something then call and talk to the GAP team and they can help you through.

Some things to think about:
Stock- What style and maker you like.
Action- Rem 700 or step up to a Templar, which would be my advice.
Caliber- Shooting matches then a good 6.5 or 6mm cartridge would do you better than a .308.
Barrel Length- These three depend on caliber
Barrel contour
Barrel twist
bottom metal- DBM is advised for matches but which one you like?
Muzzle brake?

Then it goes into styles. What colors or camo patterns do you want. You are spending your hard earned money so make sure you buy what you want. Anyway you go though GAP is the right choice to make it happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have 3 .260 crusaders ready to ship...... That'd be badass. </div></div>
Not any more,,,poof, they're gone!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have 3 .260 crusaders ready to ship...... That'd be badass. </div></div>
Not any more,,,poof, they're gone! </div></div>

Son of a bitch!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George told ya to call Kentucky
wink.gif

Like Rob said... can't go wrong ! </div></div>

I know I know. I felt guilty ordering 2 days before xmas. Slept on it, and saw they were gone this morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kahai808</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my crusader! You wont regret it!
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I have to agree. The most accurate rifle I have ever shot </span>

I am extremely pleased with my Crusader and would send anybody interested in the highest quality rifles over to George and GA Precision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crusader will work great but does it work for you? That's the good part about a custom rifle maker in that you can build the rifle you want with the features and parts you want. If the Crusader fits your needs then go for it but if you wanted something then call and talk to the GAP team and they can help you through.

Some things to think about:
Stock- What style and maker you like.
Action- Rem 700 or step up to a Templar, which would be my advice.
Caliber- Shooting matches then a good 6.5 or 6mm cartridge would do you better than a .308.
Barrel Length- These three depend on caliber
Barrel contour
Barrel twist
bottom metal- DBM is advised for matches but which one you like?
Muzzle brake?

Then it goes into styles. What colors or camo patterns do you want. You are spending your hard earned money so make sure you buy what you want. Anyway you go though GAP is the right choice to make it happen.
</div></div>

Good advice here. You may also consider what you want the overall weight of your rifle to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GAP does great work. I highly recomend them.
</div></div>

Like has been posted call George and talk to him. He will be able to let you know what you need. There work is top notch.

If using it in tactical matches be sure it shoots a military caliber. I don't know why but it irritates the life out of me when people call non-military calibers a tactical rifle and think its fair to compete in the tactical world. I guess I'm just a purist when it comes to stuff like that. .308 works very well at 1K...its just that you really have to know how to shoot.