• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best gun related deal you ever made.

sable

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Texas
Tell us about the best gun related deal you ever made. Bought, sold or traded, in what deal did you come out farthest ahead?

I traded a rommy AK for a beautiful Sig Sauer P228 and a couple mags. Just the AK and cardboard box it came in. I got the pistol and a few magazines, which all look awesome. Barrel is pristine. Just had to spend a while cleaning it.

I thought that was pretty cool, so lets hear the best deal you've ever made or been made on a gun.

Re: Best gun related deal you ever made.

Not a gun, but, I bought a USO SN-3 from a member here, used it for a while, and then sold it for what I paid for it.

Anytime I break even, it's a good deal to me.

Best purchase ever was a Savage LRPV single-shot LPRB 1-7" .223.

The guy bought it, fired it 15 times, and decided he wanted to go a different direction. I was able to snag it for 700 or around there. All the local shops wanted MSRP since they were relatively new at the time.

S&W 25-5 for less than $300 OTD, with the case and two of the tools.

All of those are pretty awesome deals! 'specially the mattress one

First rifle I bought shortly after getting out of the Corps. Was just a Savage 110 30-06 with a junk 3-9 simmons. The combo deals. Went to K-Mart and they had 3 in the rack. 2 were marked 369, and the 3rd was 119. Put it on a credit card was out the door for 127. Tags still on it I traded it off on another Savage 110 but a 7mm Rem (which was what I wanted) with alot better 6-18 Bushnell trophy hunter scope. Got 250 trade value and had to cough up 100 to cover the diff. Young and dumb but it killed the first 3 elk and 2 deer. Sold it I think 4 years later with a Burris 3-9 for 500 I think.

Wish I could do that once a month
grin.gif

Bought a Kahr PM9 with the black slide for $400 out the door earlier this year. Had about 50 rounds through it and had never been in a holster. It's good to know the store owner some days.

ok guys i know alot of you will holler bullshit, but here it goes. approached by old friend one day, he says " hey , you still into guns?" i reply yes. he says he has two 44 mags to sell. says he bought them in an estate auction from a local doctor. ( i know doctor and verified all of this through daughter) i go with him to his house. he presents a case with AMT on the outside. i open and find TWO original AMT AUTOMAGS .44AMP caliber, 4 mags, and all the little allen wrenchs, oil bottles, sight inserts, etc. checked and , OH YEAH sequential serial numbers. these were the original PASEDENA CA guns. i says, ummm i dont know. how much. he replies. 500, i need a new tranny for my honda. i says ummmm. he quickly barks out 400.00. i said,alright, all the while trying to contain myself. being i am LEO, call down to the station and run the numbers. everything checks out. when i later spoke to the daughter of the doctor, she verified that he bought them in the estate auction for 400.00 . i dont think anybody but me knew what they were.... anyhow, i traded them for a brand new HK usp expert in 40 cal, a new rem 11-87 premier, and 2500 cash. that was about 9 years ago and im still looking for a deal to beat that one.

My first rifle buy. Win Model 88 .308, three digit serial #, NIB, $200

Friends Grampa sold it to me.

I took it to gun shop to see about getting a scope mounted, owner offered me 6 bills for it

I felt bad about price I paid Gramps, thought he did not know what he had so I took gun back to him and told him what the shop owner offered me for it. he said "Fuck that guy, guns worth a bit more than that"

I sold my Marlin 336C to get money for the down payment on an engagement ring for my girl.
She's still my girl.

bought a Springfield champion loaded stainless steel for 550.00 from a guy who had bought a bunch of music gear an wife made him sell guns to make up for the cost of it all... later traded it about a year later for an AR-15 valued at 750.00 straight across trade added a scope an some mags an ammo and sold that rifle for 965.00 a couple months later.

Back in 1992 mom calls and says to stop by next time I come through town. The lady next door husband passed and she has some guns she wants out of the house. I offered to pay and she would not accept and her kids did not want them. 1 colt 70 series gold cup, 1 colt single action nickle 45LC and they still sit in my safe.

Back years ago, I joined this club. They GAVE Me a M16 rifle and Free clothes. They even paid Me a little money every month for being a member.

Beat that.

I bought a Timberwolf Tactical ar15 for $650.00. Shot about 200 rounds through it. I traded the ar15 and 100 rounds of cheap .556 ammo for a Remington 700 5R .308 still in the box, Leupold rifleman 3-9X40 and 100 rounds of Federal gold match 168gr SMK's.

With the money I saved off the deal I dropped it into a McMillan A5, put a Nikon scope on it, badger scope rail, and haven't looked back since.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back years ago, I joined this club. They GAVE Me a M16 rifle and Free clothes. They even paid Me a little money every month for being a member.

Beat that. </div></div>

Yeah, but it's really tough getting those eagle shit stains outta everything.

best deal ever
My local ffl got in a used HK Match stainless
he had it marked for $599.00
I sold it on GB for $2300.00
i fell into one hell of a deal!!

Picked up a nib stainless Colt Gold Cup Trophy along with a stack of Wilsons for $400. Gave it to my old man. He was really proud of it until someone stole it out of his house a few years back.

In order

AMAC .50 with a Leupold MK4 and 600 rounds of ammo $1200.00 shipped from gunbroker sold the rifle for $3500 the ammo for $600 and the scope for 1K

Colt G series 70 series NIB .45 with a NIB ACE kit $400 still have both

Almost new Winchester 61 $200 sold for $800

those are just a few
smile.gif

I also picked up a jennings J22 pocket pistol from my neighbor across the street said the last time he shot it that it wouldn't cycle right said he was thinking about selling it in a garage sale I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said 15.00 bucks I asked him if he had change for a 20.00

the problem with it was he was running 22shorts through it and not 22 long rifle ammo through it... I still have this gun wont ever get rid of it great little pocket pistol

Walked into a Pawn shop that was getting out of the gun selling buis. Bought 3 new S&W 686s and a like new Colt Python for a total of $1000.

My dumb shit brother in law bet an all original 30 carbine that elk were imported into the US. I really like my $900 dollar M1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dumb shit brother in law bet an all original 30 carbine that elk were imported into the US. I really like my $900 dollar M1 </div></div>

some peoples' luck...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1977.
I sold my Marlin 336C to get money for the down payment on an engagement ring for my girl.
She's still my girl.</div></div>

That is great! I did the same thing with my Kimber TLE II. Bought the engagement ring - 5 years later I have a wife, a toddler and a baby on the way.

By far the best deal I ever made.

All the guns I bought back in the early 90s and other times when a Republican was in office was a good deal. Amazing what a Demo in office will do for gun and ammo prices!

In the early 80's H&K came out with the VP70Z. A true piece of crap. They sent me a brochure, and an offer for $150.00 IIRC.
It was double action only, with an estimated 20 lb. trigger pull.
18 rd mag, and I couldn't rapid fire a magazine through it without stopping to rest.
I sold it to a neighborhood kid who was in the rangers for a 25 dollar profit.
The good deal was not in the profit I made. but in GETTING RID OF
the POS..... In another instance, I bought 5 guns, sold four and wound up with a Polytech Legend for $25.00 Sold it at a gun show for $1000.00.

I paid 300.00 for a minty 9422 xtr 22mag. then traded that for a polytech m-14, then bought the 22 back for 400. so basically a 22mag and a m-14 for 700.00

Back in 1957 I bought a P-38 with serial numbered mags and holster plus a box of 9mm factory loads for $12.00. Shot all 50 and sold it for $15. Heck of a deal!

Got a Marlin Golden 39A with a beautiful stock from helping a friend of my aunts for an hour moving a few things onto a moving truck, and got paid to help move the furniture!

Dad bought a S&W Victory model that someone had nickle plated, converted to 38 special and had custom antler grips installed for $25. The guy didn't want them in his house due to young grandkids running around and insisted that he take that and some POS 22 pistol. Not sure what the S&W is worth, but surely it's worth more than $25........and I got it for free since dad no longer shoots.

5.00 worth a raffle tickets, and getting the gun.
More than once.
5.00 for a half a gallon of Kesslers has to be the worst!

Guns got used and abused.
Kesslers is long gone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5.00 worth a raffle tickets, and getting the gun.
More than once.
5.00 for a half a gallon of Kesslers has to be the worst!

Guns got used and abused.
Kesslers is long gone. </div></div>

this is weird, i bought a 5.00 raffle ticket for a gun recently. i didnt win.
frown.gif

About a dozen years ago the owner at my local toy-store had just gotten in a whole box of older revolvers from an estate sale or some such - said, "take a look through, if you find one you like I'm asking $35 a piece." I was the first to the trough so to speak - dug through and found a fine old S&W model 10 in excellent condition. I asked, "this one okay?" $35 later it was mine. I definitely scored the "pick of the litter" as the rest of the box was basically junk! Wasn't a huge score - just felt good to find a real bargain for once!

I still look at my Benelli M1-S90 I bought NIB for about $500 in the mid-90's as a hell of deal - it was a good score even then.

Bought my Benelli M3 for $450 as a T&E gun from a local LE supply store... and the factory extension to bring it to 7rds for $40 (these sell for $200+).

I won't even mention the deals I'm about to get on the last of their benelli stock (they are no longer a dealer)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back in 1957 I bought a P-38 with serial numbered mags and holster plus a box of 9mm factory loads for $12.00. Shot all 50 and sold it for $15. Heck of a deal! </div></div>

p-38-military-can-opener.jpg

How do you shoot this?

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Turned a $600 Rem700 into an almost new Nightforce with only 1 trade in between. </div></div>

really wish i could do this!

my best would be my ar15. I had bought a DPMS A1 upper and a CMMG lower with 6 pos stock seperately for 560 about 3 years ago. Put about 1500 rounds through it sold it for 700 because I found a guy selling the rifle I currently have.

It is a RRA lower, ACE Skeleton stock, Armalite SOF 16" M4 upper, ARMS 40, YHM lightweight FF rail, smith vortex, badger tac latch, nice sling, nice soft padded case, 8 mags, 240 rounds of xm193, and an eotech 512 for 900 bones.

I'm basically into it 760 and it cost that guy 1600 to build it.

Estate sale a month ago. SS Pro Hunter Encore with fluted 270 ss barrel with Nikon 50mm Buckmaster Scope, Leupold 50mm vx3, new in the box Zeiss 10x40 binoculars, 30 or so pounds of powder,5 sets of dies, 150 pieces of virgin 300weaterby brass, rcbs single stage press, 50 loaded rounds of 300 weaterby, 10 boxes of 45 auto, 50 loaded 270 win, 100 270 brass. grand total 800.00

Traded a $400.00 M-4orgery for a few bits that I parlayed into an Armalite AR-10-T
grin.gif

Cheers,

Doc

Traded a 10/22 for my wife, haven't seen her since.

Got a brand new mossberg maverick 88 from a buddy for $80.00. Sure its not a 870,1300 or 590 but for 80 bucks couldn't pass it up.

Had a co-worker of mine said he had a old rifle, never shot it and wanted to get rid of it. He brought it in, and it was a tula arsenal 1956 Russian SKS..Not a scratch on it. Best part...He sold it for $100.
laugh.gif

m4gery/ lrb lower, mil surplus/gunshow/ar15.com upper parts. Straight up for Remington 700 ss 5r in 308 shipped to me.

A hard kicking deer rifle( as advertised in local classified ad)
Post 64 model 70 30.06 in a mc millan adl stock, talley rings and a baush and lomb 3000 3x9x40 for 200 cash Yep it kicks and I smile every time....

Paid $20 for a raffle ticket at a SCI dinner and won a Rem 700 Safari in 416 Remington. Just sold it recently to a friend for $750.
cool.gif

I got a Kimber SIS for $500 with only about 200 rounds down the pipe.
I also was given a Hamerelli trailside .22 for beating the local loud mouth crack shot bullseye shooter. Thats a game (bullseye) that I didn't think I would like but a actually really enjoy it.

Bought a remington wingmaster 12ga and a tote full of shotgun reloading equipment and supplies for 180 bucks, couldnt pass it up!

Traded a GSG-5 for a P229 in 40 which has become my all around most carried utility gun.