• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Harris Bipod Rail Mount Adapters?

Vincenthelm

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2023
Ocala, Fl
Looking for some advice and opinions of the best rail mounts for Harris BRM-S. I see that the LaRue seems to be very popular but it doesn’t look like it has the option of rotating for target following. Harris makes a rail mount that does rotate. I want the mount to rotate in conjunction with the BRM-S being able to swivel but would like to know what else is out there that others may be using.

I've tried a few, my only suggestion is to get one that has the ARMS 17 interface and not a dedicated Pictinny or Arca interface.

In my opinion the ability to pan the bipod is overrated and sometimes counterproductive. The LaRue bipod mount is also dogshit and ADM makes a better bipod adapter for less money. My recommendation from having used these in matches and recreational shooting over the years is at bare minimum get the ADM QD bipod adapter.

If you want to get fancy you can get this set up which replaces the Harris swivel parts:

If you want the option to swap different mounts via an ARMS interface then these would be the way to go for that:

I use the BTC-Pro on my Atlas CAL and it's awesome, highly recommend it.

I have both the LaRue & ADM units on Harris bipods, both work well.

The LaRue works if you want to take it on and off the same section of rail all the time. It's well documented that the LaRue levers deform the rail and it was my experience that if you wanted to move the adapter to a different section of rail, the lever had to be readjusted with the little wrench to lock down properly. I never had that issue with the ADM adapters and when I did run into a situation where the mount had to be adjusted it's tool less anyway and doesn't deform the rail.

• Haha
Reactions: mettee and simonp
In my opinion the ability to pan the bipod is overrated and sometimes counterproductive. The LaRue bipod mount is also dogshit and ADM makes a better bipod adapter for less money. My recommendation from having used these in matches and recreational shooting over the years is at bare minimum get the ADM QD bipod adapter.

If you want to get fancy you can get this set up which replaces the Harris swivel parts:

If you want the option to swap different mounts via an ARMS interface then these would be the way to go for that:

Beautiful!! that first ADM link looks perfect. That one looks like attachment piece will rotate like I'm wanting and bipod itself swivels.

Looking for some advice and opinions of the best rail mounts for Harris BRM-S. I see that the LaRue seems to be very popular but it doesn’t look like it has the option of rotating for target following. Harris makes a rail mount that does rotate. I want the mount to rotate in conjunction with the BRM-S being able to swivel but would like to know what else is out there that others may be using.

Define best. I think I've owned most BRM-S pic rail adaptors over the years. Everything from sling stud adaptors, the ARMS linkage delete/saddle-whatever, to the current 17S conversion. My advice is to convert the bipod to the 17S mount base and then choose whichever mount you like best. I have a 419 conversion but RRS, ADM, and a host of others make them.

With regard to throw levers, I find that I just don't like them very much on a bipod. I have owned every throw lever mentioned in this thread and have settled on thumb screws. I want the attachment interface to be on the left/support side, that generally means the lever is facing the wrong way. Silly I know but it bugs me. YMMV

I do like the thumbscrew on my BTC-Pro. I tried the Magpul adapter that will mount to Arca and pic rails but it sucks, there's a lot of side to side play when pounding it to an Arca rail and pic rail mounting is just so so in my opinion.

None of those will pan horizontally side to side, only allow the bipod to attach to a pic rail and cant if it is set up that way like the S-BRM.
Ok I see now. So to just keep it simple and not have to purchase multiple parts from separate manufacturers, Harris makes this below.

They have the push button quick release too but I question how tight and secure that model is on the rail. I don't plan on removing from rifle to rifle.

Ok I see now. So to just keep it simple and not have to purchase multiple parts from separate manufacturers, Harris makes this below.

They have the push button quick release too but I question how tight and secure that model is on the rail. I don't plan on removing from rifle to rifle.

The bipod has enough slack that you shouldn't need a planning function. Planning on a bipod is horrible.

They honestly do about the same thing, I've used the YHM, GG&G, Larue, Midwest and ADM and they all work fine. The Larue wouldn't be my first choice for mounting onto a picatinny forend just because it will mar the forend, if it's a $5 mlok adaptor rail or something though who cares. The YHM works well and is cheap if you don't need something QD. Having QD is sometimes nice though even if you don't plan on using it on other rifles, it's often convenient to pop it off for storage, putting it in a case, and sometimes for shooting if you don't want to use the bipod and would otherwise be in the way. Personally I think it's worth a few bucks for for QD so you can cinch the Harris down on the adaptor with an allen wrench since they tend to come loose if you don't and then use the throw lever to remove when needed.

There was someone who had a few different QD adaptors in the classifieds here cheap recently.

Reactions: simonp
Replace the Harris sling swivel stud mount on the bipod with the RRS picatinny/arca mount.

The second one allows you to replace the stock harris swivel base with it instead, it will still swivel correct? and is that harris base easy to remove and replace with that ADM?. The 3rd one is a 2 piece unit, if I already have a spare ADM 17S, can't I just buy that one cylinder piece ?

Yeah, you replace the OEM Harris swivel base with that unit and it will still swivel. I don't know how hard it is, I've never done it but YouTube leads me to believe it's not hard with some basic tools. If you already have an ADM 17S compatible clamp then you only need the base.

The bipod has enough slack that you shouldn't need a planning function. Planning on a bipod is horrible.
Ok, that seems to be the consensus. I think the ADM that replaces the harris' stock base is the way to go, as long as it still swivels, by going that route it looks like it won't take up as much rail space as the stock base does.

Yeah, you replace the OEM Harris swivel base with that unit and it will still swivel. I don't know how hard it is, I've never done it but YouTube leads me to believe it's not hard with some basic tools. If you already have an ADM 17S compatible clamp then you only need the base.
Ok perfect that should save me some money lol.

Will this work?

I mean of course I'd like to get the area 419 clamp but since I already have the ADM 17S why spend more money.

Will this work?

I mean of course I'd like to get the area 419 clamp but since I already have the ADM 17S why spend more money.
Yeah it looks like it's ARMS 17S compatible.

Y’all are talking about stuff well above my budget (well, what I’m willing to spend on an adaptor), but I did want to be able to run my 3 stage Harris on my AR.
I bought a Caldwell adaptor and for the $25.00 or whatever it works fine. Two Allen bolts hold it to the rail, with a swivel stud underneath.
My main complaint is that I won’t leave it bolted to my AR because it is a CHUNK! I don’t know how they could’ve made it heavier!🤣