• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Best helmet mount for HMT

mikefraz

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2013
I’ll either be picking up an MH25 or a NOX in 2021 and I was wondering if there is a mount setup that is better than others for HMT. I’m aware the NOX is just now starting to ship out, so perhaps there may not be a consensus on what works best there, but I will be using just the thermal only. It will not be paired with a PVS-14 or anything else.

there are plenty of high dollar mounts that you can buy, most have features you won't need with what you are trying to do; start with a norotos rhino 2 and you will most likely find it will do all you need.
If you think there is a possibility of pairing with a NVD in the future, heed reload's advice and get a bridge from the start.

I’ll either be picking up an MH25 or a NOX in 2021 and I was wondering if there is a mount setup that is better than others for HMT. I’m aware the NOX is just now starting to ship out, so perhaps there may not be a consensus on what works best there, but I will be using just the thermal only. It will not be paired with a PVS-14 or anything else.
If you do not plan to bridge then the KVC JAMR offset arm should work. As of today TNVC shows it in stock. For the helmet mount a Wilcox G22 or G24. If you cannot find one of those new in stock there seems to be a few floating around used on various NV sales platforms these days. Or you can do the Norotos Rhino II conversion to dovetail. That takes some roll pins (available at Fastenal) and the conversion mount itself....available at TNVC. There is a video link and instructions here on the NV forum you can look up.....I think WhereNowHow posted it.

These guys are all spot on imo, if there is a possibility that you will ever run dual band or dual thermal get a Wilcox G24/KVC Universal bridge combo.
If you are going to run a single thermal only, go with a G24/ KVC Jamr.

We carry both options as well as a few others. Shoot me a dm if you have any questions.
-James

Reactions: mikefraz
Would anyone be willing to please show photos of their MH25 Jamr setup?

I have a G24 with a Jamr and an iRay MH25 with PVS 14 lens upgrade and I just can’t get the Jamr set right... it’s just way too close to my eyeball.

at this point if flipped everything around so much, I’m not sure where I started and the only things that work are if the K clip is biased hanging off the MH25 or the dovetail part of the Jamr is hanging off the arm.

I could possibly be a moron.

Reactions: mikefraz
It took some tinkering for me too. The G24 and JAMR barely clears my glasses on the buddy helmet. But I moved the dovetail back to the rear. See the screws on the top of the dovetail, you can unscrew and slide it back a little bit.

To really get it off your face try the Rhino II dovetail conversion. That should do it. And add the 4D helmet pads from TNVC as that will move the mount further out too. I have the Rhino and 4Ds on my primary helmet and have the opposite problem of getting them close in. But have the KVC bridge on that one.

73CDC062-6436-42C2-A1EF-615B45D316A4.jpeg
C190243A-9A58-49D1-8C14-B702A009B2AF.jpeg

there are plenty of high dollar mounts that you can buy, most have features you won't need with what you are trying to do; start with a norotos rhino 2 and you will most likely find it will do all you need.
If you think there is a possibility of pairing with a NVD in the future, heed reload's advice and get a bridge from the start.
Is this sort of what you're saying?

and on screwYoutoobe:

Is there an advantage to FTO vs Push-button?

I was looking at the Crye Nite-cap and FTO wasn't gtg.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaSE
It took some tinkering for me too. The G24 and JAMR barely clears my glasses on the buddy helmet. But I moved the dovetail back to the rear. See the screws on the top of the dovetail, you can unscrew and slide it back a little bit.

To really get it off your face try the Rhino II dovetail conversion. That should do it. And add the 4D helmet pads from TNVC as that will move the mount further out too. I have the Rhino and 4Ds on my primary helmet and have the opposite problem of getting them close in. But have the KVC bridge on that one.

Is this sort of what you're saying?

and on screwYoutoobe:

Yes this is conversion and it will give you a little more forward adjustment over the G24 and should help. Nice to be able to just lift the arm as well and not have to push a button.

Thank You very much BamaSE. I really appreciate the effort you went through to post the pics.

I was about there. I was just skeptical of cantilevering the dovetail.

*sigh* @ buying Norotos.

so... I wanted an iRay and a dual system.

had to buy a viper housing because it lines up better than a PVS. Bought some K clips and an obverse shoe set...
...bought a Jamr to get me by until KVC does another run of dual bridges...

I love this game.

Reactions: BamaSE