• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best high magnification LVPO around $2k?

Best High Magnification LVPO around $2k?

• Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x24mm

• EOTech Vudu 1-10x28mm

• Primary Arms Compact PLxC 1-8x24

• Trijicon 1-8x28 VCOG

• Steiner M8Xi 1-8x24 mm

• March Scopes Tactical Turret 1-10x24mm

• Save a little more NightForce ATACR 1-8x24 34mm is the BEST over the rest

• Pony up, March Scopes Shorty MIL 1-10x24mm is better than ATCR

Results are only viewable after voting.

thedarkknight

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2018
Who’s had experience with multiple LVPO in the higher magnification range? Please only recommend another brand/model if it is a clear winner over using one of the suggested. Have a Razor Gen ii, Vudu, and Sig Tango in the 1-6 variants but want to step up a little more magnification while keeping a good 1x

Last edited:
well isn't this a broad question

ffp/sfp
what reticle type?
illumination brightness?

no NF even on the list
Well obviously these are all considerations which one may outshine the other. I like FFP but like Razor Gen ii because it outshines in other areas, I like high illumination but like the Eotech Vudu. Looking to spend around 2K for the best in its class, the best compromise you may say. I would of added NF but it out priced itself.

Last edited:
Well obviously these are all considerations which one may outshine the other. Looking to spend around 2K for the best in its class. I would of added NF but it out priced itself.
and all those considerations are why this poll is trash

razor gen 3 is gonna win

but if you want a SFP, or a BDC reticle, then the poll is worthless

also NF doesn't really outprice the $2k. NX8 is well inside and the atacr can be if you are smart

Reactions: rothgyr and simonp
Ok my dude...
You gotta either poney up for all the things you want or start picking compromises already.

I think the vudu has better top end than the razor gen III but the razors reticle is much better for 1x work.

You'd probably be better off with the vudu for scope things and a piggyback/offset for close things.

Otherwise dig deeper and grab an atacr or the March compact shorty dual focal plane

• Love
Reactions: R_A_W and b6graham
Who’s had experience with multiple LVPO in the higher magnification range? Please only recommend another brand/model if it is a clear winner over using one of the suggested. Have a Razor Gen ii, Vudu, and Sig Tango in the 1-6 variants but want to step up a little more magnification while keeping a good 1x

I purchased a Steiner M8Xi brand new for $1,580 bucks, nothing of higher quality can be had for this money. This is my first LPVO which is going on a 6MM ARC build. I was after a few things on the list that I wanted. I also did not really like the Razor Gen III’s tiny eye box.

I really wanted 8X magnification.
I really wanted a 34MM main body
I wanted that super clear German glass.
I wanted an adjustable diopter so I can set the scopes 1X up properly for my eyes and how I see.
I wanted a MIL reticle
I wanted a reticle with ranging marks etched in, so I could quickly gauge distances.
I had a budget of $2K or less.

This led me to the Steiner M8Xi. This thing is amazing, the quality of the scope is just stupid. The truck wheel sized turrets are so massive and solid as if they are all 1 piece, you can firmly knock on the scope with a knuckle and hear no rattles or anything, it sounds and feels like a solid block of metal or something. I spent hours upon hours every single day of my life researching LPVO’s lol. Anyways, if your gun failed you could beat them to death with this optic lol.

Last edited:
I purchased a Steiner M8Xi brand new for $1,580 bucks, nothing of higher quality can be had for this money. This is my first LPVO which is going on a 6MM ARC build. I was after a few things on the list that I wanted. I also did not really like the Razor Gen III’s tiny eye box.

I really wanted 8X magnification.
I really wanted a 34MM main body
I wanted that super clear German glass.
I wanted an adjustable diopter so I can set the scopes 1X up properly for my eyes and how I see.
I wanted a MIL reticle
I wanted a reticle with ranging marks etched in, so I could quickly gauge distances.
I had a budget of $2K or less.

This led me to the Steiner M8Xi. This thing is amazing, the quality of the scope is just stupid. The turrets are so massive solid as if they are all 1 piece, you can knock on the scope with a knuckle and hear no rattles or anything, it sounds and feels like a solid block of metal or something. I spent hours upon hours every single day of my life researching LPVO’s lol.

Why does it have your username on the post-it note as if you're selling it on eBay or something?

Why does it have your username on the post-it note as if you're selling it on eBay or something?

No reason. Just proof of ownership I guess. It is definitely not for sale, I just got it 🙂

Last edited:
I wrote this 2 days ago in response to a PM question - but it seems relevant to this thread as well.

I had made the statement that I liked the ATACR 1-8x dmx better than the NX8 1-8x dmx but not $1000 better, and my PM mate responded with ...

What is it you prefer about the ATACR?
I can usually answer such questions very objectively.

I do like the dmx reticle better than all the other lpvo reticles i've seen due to the tiny center dot FOR A DMR.

So thats a key reason why I like the atacr over the vo 1-10x. That said, for fast shooting and UKD targets I like the BDC/WD (wind dot) reticle - which they call a "moa" reticle though inside 650yds its a BDC reticle with wind dots.

(i like wind dots which is why I like the t3. There are only 3 reticles i know of with wind dots and I have 2 of them)

But mainly i like the atacr because of what my brain sees when i look thru it.

My brain some how sees both the target and the reticle better thru the atacr than the VO.

The VO reticle is grey i guess to suppress it and make the target easier to see. So thats why i can see the reticle better with the atacr. But why can I see the target better ?
IDK.
The exit pupil is larger on the atacr so thats my guess.
And the exit pupil is smaller on the nx8 than on the vo which is smaller than the atacr.
For a DEG (Do every thing gun), like a 556(14.5) with a great lvpo I'd want an atacr if my life depended on it, but for mk18 which is more likely to be a cqb gun, the nx8 is more than enuff, dont need.to spend the extra $1000.
I already have 2 atacrs that might be enuff.
Well that was a looong answer to your question, but I wanted to be complete !

==

Back to present ... so net/net for me it isn't a linear question/answer.

For higher accuracy, I prefer the dmx reticle in the atacr and nx8 1-8s ... but for fast shooting I prefer the BDC/WD (aka "moa") reticle in the VO 1-10x. I have 2 ATACR dmx, 1 VO 1-10x BDC/WD and 1 NX8 1-8x dmx.
The atacr wins on exit pupil, ability to see the reticle and ability to see the target.
The dmx reticle wins on accuracy
The BDC/WD ("moa") reticle wins for fast shooting

Thanks everyone. I ended up going with the vortex razor gen iii. Found it for $1,700 so I jumped on it
IMG_7323.jpeg

Reactions: Makinchips208
Thanks everyone. I ended up going with the vortex razor gen iii. Found it for $1,700 so I jumped on itView attachment 8225865

Awesome! That’s a really good deal. I shopped around for like 2 months when I was buying my LPVO (I never bought a scope before so I spent a lot of time) and I recommend that to everyone honestly. I was after certain features like: Super clear glass, 1-6 magnification at-least, true 1X, lifetime warranty with no questions asked, Mil reticle/turrets, good eye box.

I was also heavily price driven (Price driven I mean trying to get the most bang for my buck possible. Discount code, coupon codes, and sales etc) and researching LPVO’s on a near daily basis and window shopping for them taught me practically everything on the surface level with all brands. It also taught me that internet opinion on a product is full of air many times 😂. We learn what we actually like and don’t like with a true hands on experience after some time behind the product. This is tough, because we would have already bought it lol.