• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best hunting scope for shotgun?

JDLawrence3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2021
Lincoln, DE
I picked up a Savage 220 slug gun for shotgun season in DE. It has a cheap scope mounted, but I am probably going to change it out. Any recommendations? I have been looking into Leupold VX Freedom. I'm open to other brands as well.

Never used anything but regular rifle scopes on my slug guns. The secret is just not let your eyes get bigger than your gun.

If you're not opposed to used, the Nikon Omega would be a solid choice.
I am not opposed to anything, honestly. I've had great experiences with smaller brands in the past (Athlon for range, Konus for hunting). Never owned a nikon, but if I could find one I'd be interested.

I picked up a Savage 220 slug gun for shotgun season in DE. It has a cheap scope mounted, but I am probably going to change it out. Any recommendations? I have been looking into Leupold VX Freedom. I'm open to other brands as well.
A good FFP, illuminated LPVO is hard to beat. 1-6 to 1-10.

You want plenty of ER with a slug gun.