• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best illuminated Coyote scope for $350?

Fatelvis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2003
Mokena, IL
Any suggestions would be appreciated....
I'm looking to put a cheaper illuminated scope ($350 max) on my 10-22 for backyard Coyote sniping. (22LR and head shots are a must, as I have to keep the noise down, and supressors aren't legal here.) Shooting would be out to 80 yards. I realize the budget makes the choices slim, but I need the illumination due to almost all shots being taken in the dark or near dark. Something that collects light would be nice too, as long as I'm wishing. Lol Thanks Guys-

I would look into adding a "Wicked Light" to what you all ready have. Then you can go without the illumination and/or light gathering.

The w400 wicked light with the green led is the one I own and couldn't be any happier but you don't want to shine a beam of any color directly in a coyotes eyes. Put enough to see him but dont aim at the eyes cuz they will get spooked. Can't wait until next season with the new ebr2c reticle vv pst.

I have a green one and it doesn't seem to bother them. Red is less bothersome to animals, but not as bright as the green.

I think you could get a leupold vx-r for close to $350. I have a 2 x 7 that I use on a short range hog setup AR. The illumination works well and the glass is pretty good

I picked up a snipershog 66lr scope that has worked well for me. It comes with red, green, and white lights. Try predator masters forum. For a headlight I use a coyote light that works well.

The w400 wicked light with the green led is the one I own and couldn't be any happier but you don't want to shine a beam of any color directly in a coyotes eyes. Put enough to see him but dont aim at the eyes cuz they will get spooked. Can't wait until next season with the new ebr2c reticle vv pst.
Would putting a red or green filter on one of my good Fenix lights work the same as the wicked light? Or does a filter act differently than a colored LED?

Only optic I have used that is illuminated in that price range that isn't a POS is the Hawke Tactical or Sidewinders. Glass is good, illumination good, hold zero and turrets are decent. The reticle and turrets don't match and there is limited adjustments but for the price point not bad at all.

Sully

check out mueller illuminated scopes. Very good scopes for the money. I have the 4-16x50 sport dot and don't have any complaints. You could also go with a simple red dot sight for a lot cheaper that would probably work fine out to 80yds

I just got a Burris E1 3-9X40 with the illuminated reticle that supposedly allows for hold overs and windage. This is going on a switch barrel Savage with a B&C stock and a sporter weight barrel. It is not a big rifle which is why I got a smaller scope. I don't know if it is the best in your price range but I'm hoping it will be good enough. I can't speak to low light performance yet. It may be worth a look to expand your options.

I'm of the opinion you don't need a lot of magnification when your range is below 400 yards.
BTW. It can be had for only $250.

Last edited: