• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best load for a Nosler 175's for a FN SPR?

Re: Best load for a Nosler 175's for a FN SPR?

Sounds like you already have your load. Just work up and find OCW. Or try IMR 4064.

Thanks. I mean, does anyone here have experience with what optimal charge I should start with. I'm not the most experienced hand loader, so do I try to seat the bullet on the lands and groves and just load to maximum using the 10% rule?

Sounds like you already have your load. Just work up and find OCW. Or try IMR 4064.

i would start jammed and work up a load and either do a ladder or shoot some groups at a comfortable distance.

i haven't shot nosler's personally out of my SPR but i have shot 178 a-maxs, lapua 155's, 168smks, 175smks, etc. All have been my loads tested. You will prob find the bullet likes to jump on to the rifling, def watch your pressure when you start to get up to max load, i think book calls 45grains, if you start to hunt the rifling down you'll see pressure signs.

Regards

Thanks, but I'm not sure I know what "if you start to hunt the rifling down you'll see pressure signs" means?

We laoded to 2.87 when the gage showed 2.8775 touched the bore., so we are 750 thousands off. We stepped up from 43.6 to 44.6 in 10 incriments.

45 compressed at 2.80 OAL should be 90% of max pressure, so if I am understanding this correctly, I should be under that seated a little longer - correct?