• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best loads for Rem 700 5R .300 win mag (#85505)

Bob L Swagger

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2010
Base of the Appalachians
Hello all,

I am working on creating the perfect load for my new Remington 700 5R in .300 win mag. I have found a few so far, just want to see if anyone has anymore they can share. Please supply load data and group size.

Thanks!

Re: Best loads for Remington 700 5R .300 win mag

Bob,

Have you looked here?

Post on 300 Win Mag and 300 WSM loads

Have you used this?

Snipers Hide search engine

And the only "perfect" load for your 300 Win Mag is one you work-up to and develop yourself. Somebody else's group size is of absolutely no use to you.

Plenty of loads to be found using the above links. Pick a case, pick a powder, pick a primer, pick a bullet, and go test it, by working up from below.

The other Bob.....

Reactions: Tannerlowe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,

Have you looked here?

Post on 300 Win Mag and 300 WSM loads

Have you used this?

Snipers Hide search engine

And the only "perfect" load for your 300 Win Mag is one you work-up to and develop yourself. Somebody else's group size is of absolutely no use to you.

Plenty of loads to be found using the above links. Pick a case, pick a powder, pick a primer, pick a bullet, and go test it, by working up from below.

The other Bob.....

</div></div>

Thank you Bob, I have looked at that already and I have used the search engine. Although they are great ways to find the information, I never really find "EXACTLY" what I am looking for. I have found in life the best way to get an answer is to just stand up and ask the question you want the answer to... So please, if you personally have any load data or results with the Remington 700 5R in .300 win mag (#85505) I would appreciate it.

It would help if we knew whether you're looking for a target load or a hunting load/ bullet weight/ distances you intend to shoot/ etc.

No experience with your exact rifle, but a Remington Sendero I loaded for sure liked 75 grains of RL22 under a 180 grain Ballistic Tip or Hornady Interlock/SST lit by a Remington 9 1/2M primer. In that rifle, it printed into 7/8 of an inch at 200 meters. From my Ruger MKII All Weather meat gun, it is a <span style="font-style: italic">consistent</span> sub-MOA round and shoots great from pretty much every 300 Win Mag I've run it through. It's fine on big game and is accurate enough for varmints and long range targets.

While this is not a max load according to Alliant, you should ALWAYS follow common sense loading practices, like starting a ways below max and working up. That safety precaution is also a great way to potentially find a pet load.

Hope someone chimes in with a load specific to your rifle, pard!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would help if we knew whether you're looking for a target load or a hunting load/ bullet weight/ distances you intend to shoot/ etc.

No experience with your exact rifle, but a Remington Sendero I loaded for sure liked 75 grains of RL22 under a 180 grain Ballistic Tip or Hornady Interlock/SST lit by a Remington 9 1/2M primer. In that rifle, it printed into 7/8 of an inch at 200 meters. From my Ruger MKII All Weather meat gun, it is a <span style="font-style: italic">consistent</span> sub-MOA round and shoots great from pretty much every 300 Win Mag I've run it through. It's fine on big game and is accurate enough for varmints and long range targets.

While this is not a max load according to Alliant, you should ALWAYS follow common sense loading practices, like starting a ways below max and working up. That safety precaution is also a great way to potentially find a pet load.

Hope someone chimes in with a load specific to your rifle, pard!
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks for your input.... but I am only looking for data that pertains to this particular rifle. Thats why the title is "Best loads for Rem 700 5R .300 win mag. (#85505)." Hunting loads, target loads, whatever... Just the best that anyone has come up with in this rifle. Thank you

I am running 78g of H1000 and the 190 smk out of mine. They seem to shoot really well and run around 2925fps. I was trying to mimic the MK248 load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: over_watch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am running 78g of H1000 and the 190 smk out of mine. They seem to shoot really well and run around 2925fps. I was trying to mimic the MK248 load. </div></div>

What kind of primer and brass are you using with this load?

66.6 gr of RE22 with SMK 220 match bullets give absolutely wicked results out of my 300 Win Mag (0.2 MOA).

168 gr berger hunting vld at about 3200 fps based off 23.5 moa up at 1k shoots better than I can out to that distance. using 70.4 of H4350 with cci mag primers .060 off the lands. Went clear up to 71.5 grains with good accuracy but this is what i went with.

My rifle will shoot any quality 180 gr bullet well with 75.5 gr RE-22. However my loads are 208 Amax's for paper and 210 Bergers for fur both have the same point of impact when pushed by 76 gr of H-1000. I like the H-1000 because it seems to be more temp stable.

I shoot 208 Amax, H1000 75.5gr .010 off the lands 1/2"moa. RL22 70.5gr .010 off the lands 1/2"moa. Both are about 2800 FPS, both are well below max. to extend barrel life. You could also try H4831 this was a very accurate powder just could'nt get the velocity of the other 2 loads without getting to max load. Accually 78gr of H1000 and 72.2gr of RL22 shot good 1/2"moa but both were close to max in my gun, and I chose to extend my barrel life, giveing up 100-150FPS on the hotter loads.

Re: Best loads for Rem 700 5R .300 win mag (#85505)

Remington 700 r5 .300 Win Mag w/ Surefire brake

220 SMK
Winchester case
Fed 215M primer
seated .010 off of lands.

powder is H1000,. around somewhere between 70 & 80 grains

do a ladder in .2 grain incraments and you will find it,( i started at 73.5) it's kinda creepy when it happens,. you'll think your chrono is broken at first,. but when you move up to the next charges you'll see you ES & SD start to go to poop.

i suck at shooting and i am getting .75in @ 100 yds,. a few of my buddies do alot better with this load.

it will get to 1K easy and dosent pay much attention to the wind
smile.gif

ETA: my buddies Sendero likes this load too,... we are going to try it in a 700P next.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: over_watch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am running 78g of H1000 and the 190 smk out of mine. They seem to shoot really well and run around 2925fps. I was trying to mimic the MK248 load. </div></div>

What kind of primer and brass are you using with this load? </div></div>

CCI LRM and FGM brass

Theres no secret... do load development and find what your rifle likes.

Every rifle is different but, I think you'll find 70g of RL22 behind a 190g SMK to be a safe and accurate load.