• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Long Range Ammo for 16" LMT MWS

limamike56

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
Western North Carolina
Headed out to the range next week with a new LMT. Any input based on experience for the best long range ammo would be appreciated. I was thinking about Black Hills 168gr or 175gr.
Thanks.

Re: Best Long Range Ammo for 16" LMT MWS

175 SMK and 44 grains of varget or RL15 on winchester brass if your going to reload

http://palmettostatearmory.com/1752.php

It's hard to beat fgmm 175's. The link above to palmetto is about the best price I have found on the fgmm.

However, if you reload then I would load some 175gr smk's over varget.

The load showing potential for me is:

43gr varget
175smk
wcc brass
winchester primer
2.802 avg overall

Do all of you who have posted recipes have 1/10" barrels or 1/11.25"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CE1371</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do all of you who have posted recipes have 1/10" barrels or 1/11.25"? </div></div>

What I posted was for my 1/11.25" SS barrel.

When I had the 16" 1/10" CL barrel I mainly shot surplus ammo. However, I did use privi 175gr match out to 500 yds. It was plenty good to make hits on 18"x30" Steel at that range. Not sure on group size as I never shot the 16" barrel for groups before I sold it.

silver state armory 175otm you will love them