• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best longer length AR butt stock??

cummins cowboy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
herriman ut
AR 15's when I pick them up its like grabbing a kids gun the stocks feel SOOO Short to me. my question is does the typical adjustable stock adjust further out than an A2 style?? any other thoughts on adding or getting a stock with a longer length of pull for an AR

Re: best longer length AR butt stock??

The PRS does adjust to be longer than the fixed A2's. Not exactly sure how much longer a PRS can get than an A2, thinking 2" though.

I have seen A2 style stocks with adjustable butt plates also. Maybe someone will post a link.

+1 for the Magpul PRS is you find the standard A2 isn't long enough for you.

There is another option cheaper than the PRS (not that the PRS isn't a great stock, its just expensive).

Brownell's sells and adjustable A2 Buttplate, similar to the one found on KAC M110, or at least the same basic concept.

Here's a link to the $63.00 part.

Here's what it looks like installed
DSC01594.jpg

It extends a lot further that what the above pic shows, that's just where it feels comfortable for me

If you get a PRS, you won't be disappointed.

Don't overlook the Magpul UBR or the ACE M4. For me the PRS is too much bulk.

EVeryone is suggesting high end products and there might be one that is a less expensive option that might fit what you are looking for - Ergogrips F93

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rick Just Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Everyone is suggesting high end products</span> and there might be one that is a less expensive option that might fit what you are looking for - Ergogrips F93</div></div>

It's called the 'buy once, cry once' philosophy but most, if not all, of us are merely suggesting what we've found that works for us.

Nothing like buying something that belongs on a pickup truck that would be more appropriate on a sports cars, or vice versa. I know the phrase you use very well. I was suggesting that there is an option far less expensive than for example a sniper stock.

Nothing personal was/is intended.