• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best mags / adapters for BR cases?

Rifletuner

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2007
Australia
Can anyone tell me hat has proven to be the best way to run a 6BR or BR improved case out of a PRS style bolt rifle? Is there a preferred AICS mag? And what mods are proving to be the most reliable?

AICS single stack mag with either a PVA or Primal Rights adapter kit. I'm using a Primal Rights kit on my 6 Dasher RPR and it runs very well.

Accurate mag and primal guts. Feeds great. Cut down some PVA 10 rounders for 5’s and they’re feeding great. PVA 10 round in accurate mags feeding well as well. All on a TL3.

The PVA ones are nicer IMO but the PR ones work just as well.

HRD Gear ones in AW Mags

I run the HRD kits in the AW mags. Load way easier than AICS and hold twice as many rounds for roughly the same length. 6BRA feeds super smooth in my Bighorn TL3.

I can’t see a downside really. I’ve heard if you drop an AW mag it’ll unload itself, but I’m just a glorified bench shooter, so I don’t lose sleep over it.

HRD Gear in my AW mags is hot butter in Curtis Vector. I also picked up Accurate Mags and primal rights kits to try, but haven't used yet. Main goal there is mag extension for 12 round stages. Heard MDT 12 round metal mag was good, but some say older springs ran better, thinner than the newer ones apparently. MDT will send you older, thinner springs. Got a pair inbound myself for another rifle. No inserts available (yet) for MDT, but rumor is one in the works.

Dan

Last edited:
I run an AI mag with a Primal Rights kit & have an ARC with a HRD kit that I haven’t range tested yet.
I wonder if the Borden mags for their new super short 6 action will work with other actions?

I'm using a Primal Rights kit with AICS mags shooting 6BRA through my Mausingfield - haven't had a single issue yet.

The PVA kits look nice as well, but I don't like the idea of the follower riding up a "track" on the spacer. IMO that's a potential failure point, and I can see the follower getting jammed up in that "track" if debris makes its way in there. Probably a low possibility, and I've never personally have used a PVA kit so take it for what it's worth.