• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best metal 20 round 223 mags

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
My current load is a little long for my higher cap Pmags. Works great in my 10 rounders. I would like to not mess with my seating depth if possible. I only run pmags but I assume that metal mags would Give me a little longer OAL ability? What are my options?

ASC are also rebranded as AR Stoner mags available @ Midway.

I think I can load to 2.31, definitely 2.30

I have Lancer and OK mags. Haven’t tried the others. Not sure about OAL issues because I don’t reload. Seems like nobody hates OK mags, but a number of people have issues with other mags. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I bought a handful of the asc mags to try out. Hopefully he here next week

colt-20-round-magazines-002d.jpg

Reactions: Threadcutter308
You can load out to 2.30 with PRI mags they are butt welded and have more internal room than any other AR mag

I've been using Okay Surefeeds (contract is ending on them soon) and Duramag. I'm not sure of their internal space compared to magpuls but they have done great. As said above, gunmag warehouse is the place to go.

Reactions: Jigstick
I have a few of these, bought long ago... Set aside for the SHTF day.

to echo what many others have said - ASC, but make sure to get the stainless steel flavor as the aluminum does not allow 2.30 OAL

I ended up ordering the asc stainless and so far are functioning flawless and no more tips dragging and binding.

I appreciate everyone’s help!

Reactions: hellzna