• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best mfg. for ar BCG

Mrs.Lazy21

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2008
need a new bolt and wanted your input on the different makes. Lazy wants a fail zero but wanted to know whats your opinion on them and is it worth the extra money?

AR_15_Basic_Kit_4968f1d588728.jpg

Re: best mfg. for ar BCG

never ran one, but from what I hear their pretty slick. I've used Young NM BCG's (clean up is nice). LWRC items fill my safe and I'm more than happy with their products.

The Fail Safes are excellent and the ones I have seen run like a scalded dog, but they are damned expensive (roughly $250-300...includes an EXO coated hammer as well). That is roughly twice what most standard carrier groups will run you and unless you are shooting a helluva lot of rounds through your AR, are running F/A, or are completely adverse to properly lubricating your AR, it is hard to justify the additional money in my book.

I would have a hard time justifying the expense over an LMT, Young or similar unit for MUCH cheaper.

Ive been running an LMT for awhile and have had no issues with it. Bravo Company BCG are really good to from everything ive read and seen so thats a option.

I just ordered one yesterday from rainier arms. On sale for $250, then found out fail zero just lowered the regular price to $250. What a deal? Oh well. I like the reviews I have read and at only $50 more than BCM or Global Tactical ion bonds, I figured it was worth a go. Less cleaning, No flaking of chrome as some are reputed to have, Sharp looking. I could have probably gotten by fine with BCG's half the price, but sometimes you gotta try something new.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scarlett_Red</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered one yesterday from rainier arms. On sale for $250, then found out fail zero just lowered the regular price to $250. What a deal? Oh well. I like the reviews I have read and at only $50 more than BCM or Global Tactical ion bonds, I figured it was worth a go. Less cleaning, No flaking of chrome as some are reputed to have, Sharp looking. I could have probably gotten by fine with BCG's half the price, but sometimes you gotta try something new.</div></div>

how do you know if they have the parts in stock?