• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best mono pod

shedhorn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2009
Montana
whats the best mono pod? some are folding. some are fixed. what brand is better. wondering what you guys like and use i want to buy one for my HS stock.

Re: best mono pod

A rear bag. Don't care for monopods. Get or make a rear bag filled with poly pellets and it will serve you well.

B&T Industries/Accu-Shot...'nuff said! As to the specific model that meets your needs, have a look at their site and pick the best size/model for you.

Also, now and in the future, you should try running a search using the search engine linked in my sig line. You will find plenty of info on Accu-Shot and the various offerings for monopods.

However, before you drop the money on a monopod, you might try a quality rear bag first.

thank you for the info. i tryied the search on the front page. thank you the google search works better.

Try the bag.

I have a monopod. They are good for field use.

On the bench they are a little bit of a pain and I find mine moves around a lot between shots. I have a stinger for the AICS. I would assume and accu-shot is alot nice to operate between movement.

I have a leather one but its not pliable enough to conform to the buttstock of my rifle. What rear bag do you recommend? Where can I purchase one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A rear bag. Don't care for monopods. Get or make a rear bag filled with poly pellets and it will serve you well.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BullzeyeNJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a leather one but its not pliable enough to conform to the buttstock of my rifle. What rear bag do you recommend? Where can I purchase one?</div></div>

Shoot more and break it in - it's kinda like breaking in a baseball mitt and once you have it broken in, it's worth all the effort.

I've not used a bag but I own (2) of the Accu-Shot monopods, the BT08 and BT13. They're worth the money.

Some quality reading for you shedhorn. Get the double-shot espresso ready...

Search Engine results

I personally have used Accu-shot mono pod on a friends rifle, and rear bag on that same rifle, and I prefer the bag. The pod wouldn't stay put.

Shedhorn, I prefer my Accushot on my AICS. On my 300Whisper which as an HSP, I prefer a bag.

I don't know where you are located, but if you are in the Central Coast of CA, you are more than welcome to try either of my setups.

Accushot monopod all the way but only as an option.
I shoot with a bag from Triad when I can.
He has various sizes and styles. They are "bean" bag style and work great.

this works
MVC-004S-2.jpg
for some on the move

Bean bag is for people who shoot bench rest/stationary. Monopod is good for moving and quick deployment. you can get on and hold targets better and faster.

So depending on your shooting style, spend your money accordingly
wink.gif

thank you for all the replys. iam going to try out the accushot.